Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Income aims to provide a comprehensive financial transactional and support service, maximising new and innovative technology to provide excellent customer service using a multi skilled workforce.
Finance Officers in Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Income will contribute to the delivery of the business plan for financial transaction processing, by ensuring data or income is accurately maintained and managed within policy and legislation standards. Responding to more complex customer queries and supporting changes in technology to streamline the customer experience.
Sitting within the P2P team, the role will involve reconciliation of data (interfaces and Purchase Orders) along with suspense clearance, data analysis and data housekeeping. With knowledge of P2P systems and demonstrable accounts payable processes and procedures and experience of E-invoicing solutions, the role requires intermediate Excel knowledge, a good understanding of P2P (3-way match) along with accuracy and a good eye for detail.
- Provides financial support in relation to the payments and collection of income, to both internal and external customers, contributing towards delivery of the business plan for financial transactions, in support of the wider organisational vision.
- Provides technical support to team members and customers answering more complex queries in a professional manner in accordance with financial procedures. Acts as the subject matter expert for P2P, Assessment and/or Income processes.
- Contribute to the identification and clarification of customer needs, to deliver process and technology changes, which drive efficiency and value for money.
- Contribute to improving financial awareness and capability across the organisation, to promote the culture of empowering budget holders in line with financial regulations.
- Carries out data analysis to produce reports for P2P & Income and external customers, to support the management of organisational performance, maximise income and ensure compliance to Financial Regulations and audit requirements.
- Contributes to service improvement projects/programmes to achieve best practice and organisational efficiency by recommending process improvements and redesign.
- Contributes to maintaining currency on legislation changes and translating these into local policy and procedure, to identify and review potential changes in technology.
- Working collaboratively and flexibly across teams within P2P & Income to deliver a high level of service to all functions.
- Contribute to identifying risks and supporting the resolution, to minimise financial impact and loss to the organisation.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to RQF level 2 (GCSE level) including English and Mathematics, or equivalent by experience.
- Commitment to continued personal development within a working environment.
- Knowledge of P2P/Income systems and demonstrable accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchase to pay and e-invoicing experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Aptitude and willingness to work flexibly in multi skilled Operational Teams.
- Level of good competency using Microsoft office packages including, Outlook, Word and intermediate level Excel
- Ability to interpret varied information for supporting continuous improvements in service delivery.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners.
- Logical with a great eye for detail and accuracy.