Social Care Manager – Learning Disability Team
Our clients in York are seeking Social Workers to join their Learning Disability Team. This is a full time role and it is for an immediate start.
Core responsibilities, tasks and duties;
- To undertake Mental Capacity Assessments and work within the framework of the Mental Capacity Act.
- Working with partners and providers to manage complex casework including Transforming Care, EHCP’S, Continuing Healthcare applications and Section 117 aftercare plans.
- Undertaking strengths based conversation with customers and developing support plans with them to meet identified outcomes.
Essential skills and experience for this role
- IT skills preferably experienced with Mosaic.
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent).
- Be eligible to work within the UK.
- A minimum of 2 years recent Social Work experience within an Adult Social Work team.
Pay will depend on qualifications and experience.
Reasons to register with WorkwithYork
- Work in a supportive and specialist team
- Central York location (close to park and ride and station) with pool cars available for travel in and out of the area when not working remotely
- Competitive rates of pay, PAYE, holiday pay and pension
To apply please visit our website.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and children and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment.
We will require successful applicants to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.