Semi Independence Support Worker
We are currently looking for 3 Semi Independent Support Workers for our new Semi-independent provision due to open in April 2021.
You will be required to support young people aged 16 to 18 years old as they develop skills and transition into adulthood and independent living.
You will work as part of a team who work shifts as required including some day time, evenings, weekends and sleeping in, on a rota basis.
We are looking for committed, motivated and energetic people who are passionate about working and supporting young people in their day to day lives and supporting them to develop the skills to transition to independence.
- You will be required to support and recognise development opportunities for each young person
- Use creative and inclusive approaches to support young people's development and progress young peoples' aspirations through 1 to 1 key work sessions
- Adhere to policies and procedures to safeguard young people from harm and abuse
- Promote a safe environment for young people and staff
- Support and assist in improving young people's well being
- Manage challenging behaviour and difficult situations
- Keep clear and concise records, adhering to confidentiality where required.
- Ability to engage with young people, their families and professionals such as social workers and police.
- You will have a good level of written English and computer skills.
You must be a good listener, self-reflective and empathetic towards young people in care whilst holding high aspirations for them enabling them as they transition into independent living into adulthood.
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.
Barnet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Barnet operates stringent safer recruitment procedures.
30 days annual leave + Bank Holidays from the start of your employment
Benefits package including access to local government pension scheme, pool cars and more.
Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 15th March 2021.