Systems Support Advisor
Systems Support Advisor
Permanent, Full Time
£20,604 to £22,682 per annum
Closing date: 11th March 2021
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Candidates would benefit from knowledge of Mosaic and/or Childrens social care
The purpose of this job is to support the Children and Families social care teams with their recording on the social care database (Mosaic) and assist with any issues with recording across the quadrant.
To work as part of a team providing advice and support to the Children and Families users of the Social Care Database (Mosaic), the Management Information System (PowerBI) and other associated systems.
The role is quadrant based and you will be responsible for supporting a quadrant while liaising with the other Support Advisors on Mosaic and Corius issues.
Taking the initiative and acting on the behalf of the users to resolve problems, gather information, signpost to training guides/information; escalating issues as appropriate; and provide one to one training at times.
Gaining an understanding of Social Care practice to support the end users and training team.
Role specific accountabilities
- Be able to work individually in a quadrant and as part of a team providing proactive, efficient and effective first line support to assist managers, practitioners and support staff to learn and use Mosaic and its associated systems.
- Provide help and respond to requests for help in using the Social Care Database (Mosaic)
- Management Information System (PowerBI) and any other associated systems.
- Support the Children and Families Systems Training Team by providing coaching, mentoring and advice to the users of the system.
- Support the Training Team through testing of the Mosaic system and quality assuring the training materials when required.
- Engage in one to one training if required to be able to support the workforce in the use of Mosaic, Corius and any other associated systems.
- Promote a customer focused and professional image to all customers by telephone, Teams calls, email and direct contact.
- Ensure all calls are logged, clearly and accurately, in the appropriate categories and record all resolutions in the same manner using the approved call logging system.
- Exercise initiative and take independent actions in order to deal with queries and requests for assistance from managers, practitioners and support staff.
- Identify any misuse of Mosaic and any associated systems, informing line management of details to enable appropriate action to be taken.
- Prioritise effectively to cope with changing priorities which occur regularly.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- NVQ Administration Level 2 or equivalent.
- Maths and English qualifications of at least GCSE Grade C or equivalent (or by proven experience).
- Well-developed working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is essential.
- Experience of supporting others to use IT and an interest in developing advanced IT support skills.
- Experience of operating effective data and information systems.
- Experience of effective working as a team member, and ability to liaise with a wide variety of people including managers, support colleagues and external customers.
- Proven successful experience in an administrative or support role.
- Knowledge of the work of the Children and Families directorate and the information requirements of children's social care.
- Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues of all levels.
- Ability to understand and identify systems' issues as seen from the user perspective.