ASC Senior Social Worker - OAMH Team
Fixed Term, Full Time
£39,168 - £47,405 Per Annum
Closing Date: 17th March 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for a Fixed Term Contract / 16 Month Secondment post within the Older Adults Mental Health Team covering Colchester and Tendring.
With us, you can achieve more - for yourself as well as those you work to support.
We'll give you the tools and resources you need to enable vulnerable adults to live healthily and independently. And, as you continue to grow your expertise, you'll play a key role in the development of our Older Adults Mental Health Team.
Applicant must have experience of the Mental Health Act and associated legislation.
About the role
Managing your own complex caseload, as well as supporting colleagues with theirs, you'll be a source of specialist advice and enable the mitigation of high levels of risk. You'll also bring your professional expertise to contribute to the development of practice standards and our four key principles of prevention, early intervention, enablement and safeguarding.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Working collaboratively across the Council, with partners and statutory and voluntary agencies, to ensure a joined-up approach.
- Taking part in a range of case conferences, court attendance, meetings and statutory reviews, pro-actively taking the lead when a social care perspective is required.
- Developing a high level of expertise in particular areas of practice, and leading on those areas
To apply, you should be a qualified social worker with current Social Work England registration.
You'll bring significant experience of social work, modelling good practice and providing advice and guidance in complex situations. We're also looking for your ability to mentor both newly-qualified and experienced team members. As, as a subject matter expert in relevant professional practice, you should have a comprehensive understanding of current legislation, regulations and guidance.
With experience of chairing meetings involving clients, family members, carers and other multi-agency professionals, we're looking for your ability to develop strong relationships with partner agencies and the local community to provide a supportive framework for vulnerable adults.
You'll also bring:
* Evidence of continuing professional development and capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards.
* An in-depth understanding of the financial implications of commissioned care packages.
* The ability to make clear decisions, to highlight and limit potential risks associated with intervention.
This role involves travelling around Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings - sometimes in an emergency. A driving licence and car - or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means - is essential.
Apply now at www.workingforessex.com or contact .
If you have any questions about the role, or working with us, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/