Permanent, Full Time
£30,906 - £42,254 per annum
Closing Date: 18th March 2021
About the Role
This role is focused on providing professional, specialist knowledge and delivering operational practice to people with a Learning Disability and/or Autism across and outside of the county of Essex. Support will be centred on evidence based practice, working with other professionals across both Adult Social Care and Children and Families services to ensure the development, maintenance and dissemination of exemplary professional behavioural standards of practice throughout the services, in both the public and private sector.
- Responsible for providing a defined service to people with Learning Disability and Autism both internally and externally.
- Responsible for effectively managing complex cases and provide behavioural guidance, support and expert advice to social care staff, other professionals including Education and providers to ensure the behavioural needs of individuals are met.
- Responsible for behavioural and/or functional assessments, analysis, schemes and proposals, utilising external professional and specialist knowledge, ensuring additional consultative support, where appropriate, to meet behavioural needs and requirements.
- Responsible for facilitating individual choice and empowerment by undertaking early intervention and prevention, promoting independence as far as possible, applying behavioural knowledge and skills for individuals who have complex behaviours that challenge the provision of other services.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders, partners and voluntary agencies ensuring a multidisciplinary approach to all aspects of service delivery and ensure facilitation of authorisation and purchasing of services, for both short term and long term needs as identified by the service user and carers.
- Educated to degree level in Intellectual and Development Disabilities or a suitable alternative subject e.g. Psychology and a professional qualification in Behavioural management; with evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
- A good level of knowledge and experience for adults and children within the field of Learning Disabilities and/or Autism.
- Evidence of working with complex caseload that is underpinned by evidence-based practice.
- Access to a vehicle and a full driving license
Apply now at www.workingforessex.com or contact .
If you have any questions about the role, or working with us, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/