Senior Residential Manager
Multisystemic Therapy FIT (Family Integrated Transitions) Registered Manager
Imagine the Difference You Could Make
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Manager of a new 4 bedded children’s home that operates the MST FIT model – an evidenced based model that focusses on the whole world of young people and their families and adopts a restorative approach to integrate them back into a family environment.
We are looking for a motivated and innovative Registered Manager who is passionate about ensuring that each young person in their care is happy, safe and thriving in their education, hobbies and relationships.
The Registered Manager is responsible for all aspects of the management of an Ofsted registered residential home whilst also introducing and implementing the MST FIT model. The staff team will be supported by a specialist team of MST therapists as well as specialist training provided to all staff and managers in the home to ensure completeness of the model. The home will cater for young people from age 12 to 17 years who will spend a 3-4 month period in the home whilst they and their families are supported and enabled to live together again.
To find out more about MST and MST FIT visit:
As leader of a team of Residential Care Officers including Senior Officers and a Deputy Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that high standards of professional care are promoted and maintained and that the home is run in accordance with the Children’s Home Regulations 2015.
Kirklees Council is very committed to providing good quality residential care to young people whose needs can be best met in this way. All five of the Council’s current children’s homes are rated good; managers are supported well by an experienced service manager who focusses on residential care. Senior managers have a good line of sight into the homes and admissions are considered very carefully in line with the Children’s Home Regulations.
Requirements for this job:
- This is an Ofsted Registered Manager post; the successful applicant will have to meet Ofsted registration requirements. You need to hold Registered Manager qualifying status or working towards
- Substantial experience of working in a registered residential setting with young people and their families including Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England) or equivalent
- Ability to deliver and embed a innovative new model both within a staff team and to young people and their families
- Accountability to both the Residential Service Manager and the MST Supervisor
- Extensive knowledge of the Children’s Home Regulations 2015 and the Ofsted inspection framework.
- Knowledge of the physical, psychological and social development of young people.
- In-depth knowledge of Safeguarding and child protection procedures ensuring effective implementation at all times
- Ability to demonstrate strong and effective leadership and people management at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Significant experience of preparation, implementation and review of documentation which ensures appropriate and effective care is provided to young people.
- Significant experience of prioritisation and management of workload, attending meetings and managing resources including oversight of administrative procedures.
- Significant experience of managing staff, including safe recruitment, supervision and development as well as managing sickness and any other issues which may arise
- Ability to establish and develop management systems and procedures, particularly those which evaluate service provision and progress of young people
- Willingness to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Please note that a conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate on how you meet the person checklist as detailed on the attached Job Description. CVs will not be accepted.
If you would like to discuss this post further please contact:
Laura Caunce – Acting Head of Sufficiency – 01484 221000 etc 71233
Kieran Lord – Head of Complex Response and Multisystemic Therapy – 01484 221000 ext 79005
28 March 2021, 11:55 PM
This job is subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.