Equalities & Partnerships Officer
Equalities & Partnerships Officer
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £28,011 per annum
Closing Date: 28th March 2021
Change is unstoppable, and so are we. That is the belief of Essex Partners and this is your opportunity to be part of that change. You will be joining a team that is working with organisations across Essex to support local communities, help local businesses to thrive and help local people make the most of the opportunities in Essex.
The Equalities & Partnerships Team works to unite the many different communities, groups and businesses of Essex to collaborate in planning our future and tackling disadvantage and inequality.
We are currently seeking an Equalities and Partnerships Officer to support and, at times, manage a range of exciting equalities and partnership initiatives.
With strong organisational skills you will provide project and logistical support for key strategic partnership groups ensuring they are effective and deliver agreed actions.You will be co-ordinating partnership projects and programmes and events, engaging with project leads to problem solve and overcome any barriers to delivery, and developing shared action plans.
As part of the team you will also contribute to communications on our partnership projects, helping to tell the story of journey we are on and the progress we are making to support local people across Essex.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of GCSE passes (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Experience of policy, strategy or action planning in a partnership setting
- Experience of and interest in inequalities
- Experience of having worked in a political environment, skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives and taking a cross-organisational perspective
- Experience of working with a wide range of partners and managing competing demands
- An ability to work well with others in a team and partnership environment including networking and developing strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to think creatively, identify and develop ideas from a range of sources and translate ideas into actions
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and facilitate the removal of barriers to success with partner organisations
- Excellent written and verbal skills, ability to draft and deal with matters in a sensitive way
- Ability to deliver to deadlines and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good numeracy and ability to manage small events budgets
- An ability to work fairly autonomously, be proactive and drive to get results
- Experience of project/organisational and event management and community-based projects is desirable
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.