Technical Business Analyst
Technical Business Analyst
Fixed Term, 6 months
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Up to £46,359 per annum
Closing Date: 17th March 2021
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK.
We currently require the services of inquisitive and tenacious Business Analysts with excellent people and stakeholder management skills to join our team in Technology Services (TS)
Working with senior business stakeholders, subject matter experts and our suppliers you will challenge and refine business ideas so that you can develop clear technical requirements. You will need to be resourceful and willing to do some of your own research online and through professional and public sector networks to help reach a consensus on ambitious and effective approaches to solve problems.
Typical Role Responsibilities
· Responsible for the output of accurate and professional artefacts documenting including as-is and to-be processes, functionality, training needs and acceptance plans.
· Undertake research and analysis on market trends and technological innovation to support Technology Services Business Partners in influencing business thinking to ensure ECC maximises technological opportunities and creates business advantage
· Contribute to the triage of non-standard business requests and propose suitable approaches to delivery
· Develop accurate UAT test scenarios in line with defined to-be processes and system configuration
· Responsible for providing relevant information and data to provide a robust rational for each business case underpinned by technology trends and examples of success rates in other organisations to ensure ECC maximises opportunities to reduce cost or improve service.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Educated to Degree level or equivalent in experience
· Hold or be working towards Practitioner qualification in Business Analysis or equivalent qualification.
· A track record of working within effective teams delivering high quality services that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
· Awareness of and capability to work within relevant ICT related standards including ITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP
· Strong written, verbal communication and presentational skills
· Strong customer service skills
· Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change in line with defined SFIA V7 competencies
· Awareness of working in a political environment
Apply and next steps
In order to be considered please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you upload an up to date CV and supporting statement when prompted.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.