Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £27,815.40 per annum
Closing Date: 23rd March 2021
Please note this is a fixed term contract opportunity for a period of 9 months
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Essex County Council (ECC) are currently recruiting for a Systems Administrator to complete complex business processing and manage projects relating to the performance and development of financial and customer facing systems.
Customer liaison will be a key part of the role, ensuring that complex integrity checks and system processes are completed to deliver a seamless service, as well as delivering expert knowledge and advice.
The role requires good attention to detail and understanding of how processes impact end users, making recommendations and improvements to enhance the service.
- Responsible for undertaking system integrity checks and complex processes to ensure excellent delivery of service to the user base.
- Create and review processes and relevant documentation such as user guides and process mapping to enable improvement and clarity in working practices
- Contributes to finding innovative solutions to issues which could potentially impact or disrupt the customer experience and/or the processing cycle.
- Providing expert knowledge of the systems and business processes to ensure seamless delivery.
- Contribute to customer reviews and day to day performance techniques to ensure effective delivery.
- Responsible for conducting testing and acceptance of test scripts in accordance with changes to the system. Ensuring all scripts are deposited within the library.
- Work collaboratively across the team to manage simple project work, assisting with resource planning and comprehension of system activity at specific points within a schedule.
- Input into continuous improvement projects across customer services to ensure a culture of embracing change and embedding the Six Pillars of Customer Excellence across the service and into processes.
- Contribute to the provision of timely, fit for purpose reports for customers, ensuring these meet individual requirements.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Educated to RQF Level 2 (GCSE) in both literacy and numeracy, or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Awareness of change and incident management processes.
- Experience in working in a customer facing environment, demonstrating a passion for delivering excellent customer experiences.
- Excellent communication skills - able to explain and adjust communication to a range of audiences; adept at communicating complex challenges in a clear, compelling way.
- Experience in systems testing is desirable.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.