Senior Finance Officer - 8 month Fixed Term Contract
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Senior Finance Officer
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £34,017 per annum
Closing date: 30th March 2021
Please note that this position is being offered on a Fixed Term Contract basis for a period of 8 months (till the end of October 2021).
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Purchase to Pay (P2P) aims to provide a comprehensive financial transactional and support service, maximising new and innovative technology to provide excellent customer service using a multi skilled workforce
Senior Finance Officers in Compliance, Reporting and Projects will support a team to deliver financial transaction processing. Responsible for resolving compliance queries relating to ECC financial processes and performing an analytical reporting role across P2P and Income.
- Lead the production of reports for P2P and Income and external customers, to manage organisational performance, maximise income and ensure compliance to Financial Regulations.
- Support on service improvement projects or programmes to achieve best practice and organisational efficiency.
- Support a team of finance officers, to deliver financial transaction processing, ensuring exemplary standards and continuous improvement.
- Lead in improving financial awareness and capability across the organisation, to promote the culture of empowering budget holders in line with financial regulations.
- Working collaboratively across the organisation to ensure a high level of understanding across all Functions, to constructively challenge and influence internal and external partners.
- Support the data migration and data cleanse activities required for the implementation to Oracle Fusion.
- Lead in identifying, mitigating, managing, and resolving risks to minimise financial impact and loss to the organisation.
- Support UAT for their specific functional areas ensuring that testing is completed as per the Testing Strategy and required timescales
- Assist with the compilation, approval and maintenance of all user documentation\procedure manuals
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Educated to RQF level 6 (Bachelor's degree) or equivalent by experience. Project management accreditation/qualification, or equivalent by experience, would be desirable.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Strong experience and good working knowledge of P2P/Income systems and demonstrable accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchase to pay and e-invoicing experience, in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to interpret complex and varied information and use it to drive continuous improvement.
- Good level of commercial awareness, with the ability to build effective working relationships at senior level, with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners.
- Ability to evaluate and support innovative approaches to improving service delivery and value for money, with a strong focus on performance and delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence at senior level.