Senior Projects Officer
We are Watford Borough Council, a Local Authority dedicated to making Watford a great place to live and work.
We are now looking for a Senior Projects Officer to join our busy Transport and Infrastructure team and support the delivery of a range of vital projects across Watford.
- Salary of £43,719 - £47,743 per annum
- Market factor supplement of up to £3,000 in addition to basic salary
- 28 days’ holiday (rising with service), in addition to Bank Holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Fantastic discounts including reduced gym membership and retail savings across various well-known brands
- Flexible working options
- Staff and their families have access to free, confidential advice and counselling staff 24/7
- An interest free loan to use for travel (such as a season ticket loan or bike)
This is the perfect opportunity for an individual with an engineering or surveying membership and a background in procuring and commissioning work and services to take their next step with our outstanding public sector organisation.
At a glance, Watford is currently experiencing £1.4bn of investment with five major development and regeneration projects, 3,500 registered businesses and an affordable local housing market.
We’re perfectly placed for individuals, families and businesses to relocate out of London but still be in touch with the capital and our highly skilled, higher-than-average working age population has meant that we are home to a number of major international head offices.
Watford is an amazing place to build your career and skillset whilst supporting our continuing efforts to develop and enhance our community. So, if you are ready for your next step, apply today.
As the Senior Projects Officer, you will be tasked with leading projects with logistical and technical support including designing, implementing and overseeing a programme of physical works within Watford. You will be the main contact for flooding and land drainage matters within the borough.
Your role will also include:
- Providing engineering advice to other departments including planning applications
- Deputising in the absence of the Head of Transport and Infrastructure on public realm projects
- Liaising with HCC and other statutory bodies in relation to engineering projects
- Managing the budget for both CCTV and flooding and land drainage
- Overseeing the staffing, provision and ongoing hardware and software improvement for CCTV
To be considered as the Senior Projects Officer, you will need:
- Experience of procuring, commissioning and managing the delivery of works and services
- Membership to a relevant professional body (engineering or surveying)
- A degree level qualification, ideally in engineering or surveying
Also in this key role within the Transport and Infrastructure team, you will take the lead on our CCTV operations in full and act as the key point of contact for existing and any new CCTV installations.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Project Officer, Project Manager, Town Infrastructure Project Manager, Town Planning Project Manager, Transport Planning Project Manager, Engineering Project Officer, or Engineering Project Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 11th April 2021.
Webrecruit and Watford Borough Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Projects Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.