6 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Fixed Term, 12 months
Up to £44,000 per annum
Closing Date: 11th April 2021
We're looking for an experienced Content Designer to join the Council's Ways of Working project which will transform how and where we will work in the future. The project will support our strategic aim to transform the council to achieve more with less and help create places to grow up, live and work, through digital and workspace transformation . Your focus on users and content design skills will enable you to play an important role in Essex's post-pandemic recovery.
If you're a skilled content designer, we want to hear from you.
* works closely with product managers, designers, researchers and developers to oversee content design, creating useful user experiences that deliver clear and simple content
* shows what good content design can look like
* builds on the work we've done already and advocates for content design
* reviews and iterates existing content
* works with the research team to test content regularly, using data to help make decisions, always being mindful that we're speaking the language of our users
On a day-to-day basis
* contributing to decisions around the programme and sharing expertise through active collaboration
* integrating content design into the project, putting processes and documentation into place
* collaborating with research to understand how our users think and feel, and informing design decisions
* creating clear user journeys, simplifying complexity to make compelling, clear and easy-to-understand content and experiences
* designing, writing and prototyping great user-focused experiences
* maintaining high quality content and reviewing the work of others
* assessing the effectiveness of content
You'll do great here if you
* have strong experience of content design. You're just as happy designing great content across platforms and formats
* can create easy-to-understand content
* can demonstrate strong UX writing principles with proven success, and have an understanding of design patterns and standards
* can comfortably work in a cross-discipline team, overseeing the content design from conception to launch
* can simplify complex concepts
* have strong experience in user testing and assessing content for comprehension
* have a high level of attention to detail, always keeping in mind the user experience
It's not for you if…
* you're a visual designer. We're looking for someone who designs in words and concepts.
* your experience is predominantly in marketing
What you should do next
Please apply via the Working for Essex website. We'd also like to hear about you so please include a cover letter when prompted. Your cover letter should present demonstrable experience of all the competencies listed under "You'll do great here if you". Please try to use real examples and tell us what the situation was, what you did and what the result was.
We are planning to hold interviews week beginning 19th April 2021.
*This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.