Team Manager - Family Solutions
7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Team Manager - Family Solutions
Permanent, Full Time
£47,405 to £58,727 per annum
Closing Date: 11th April 2021
Family Solutions is an Early Help service working with families and children. Family Solutions teams have a range of professionals from different backgrounds who provide the Key Worker/Lead Professional role and work with the family to help them find solutions to their needs. Family Solutions is part of Children's Social Care and was described as "exceptional" by OFSTED in their most recent inspection which judged Children's Social Care as "outstanding".
The Team Manager will provide leadership and management to a team of alternatively qualified Family Workers which includes a Social Worker and Practice Supervisor. The postholder is responsible for managing performance, quality assurance, resources and budgets in collaboration with the Service Manager. They will contribute and support the development of practice and partnership working to achieve the best outcomes for children and families. Team Managers are responsible for the professional development of the team they lead including being accountable for the recruitment and practice of Family Workers within the team ensuring effective professional supervision as well as managing performance across the team. They support mentoring and coaching to enhance the quality of practice.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Graduate qualified to Degree level
- Relevant professional qualification desirable.
- Experience of Early Help delivery or similar services.
Previous Experience of:
- Delivery of services in relevant sector.
- People Management.
- Resource planning and management.
- Quality assurance and customer care.
- Achieving person centred outcomes.
- Work with statistical, financial and performance information.
- Policy development and change management.
- Experience of working in a political environment, skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives and taking a cross organisational perspective.
- To be able to attend meetings or provide cover in other locations.
- Driving licence and car or access to other effective transport arrangements is essential
- Required to work flexibly including very occasional out of hours.
As part of employment with Essex County Council this role requires an enhanced DBS check and you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please visit our website Working for Essex.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.