Client-side Project/Programme Manager
About Barnet Council
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces and diverse communities all help make it a great place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough, and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better.
As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values – We Care, We Can Be Trusted, We Work Together, We Value Diversity, We Embrace Change and Innovation – which drive everything we do.
About the Growth Directorate
We are shaping Barnet as a place to Live, Work, Study and Visit. Through Barnet’s Growth Strategy we are delivering the housing, connectivity, support for businesses and town centres, and social infrastructure needed to sustain and improve local communities. Our Planning, Housing, Regeneration, Economic Development, and Estates services are a community of talented people solving the real-world problems and challenges that need to addressed to deliver change and improve lives. We are delivering this all through many strategic partnerships that collectively form one of the largest development programmes in England.
About the role
Historically local authorities have tended to sell surplus land at the best price reasonably obtainable. With decreases in public funding alongside fiscal devolution, LBB is seeking an alternative more commercially minded strategy to conventional disposals to steer long-term development and increase potential receipts and generating longer term revenue
The Council is looking to its development portfolio to achieve these aims and therefore looking for a in house programme manager to support the delivery of the above portfolio. This is an exciting and varied role that puts the individual in charge of their own external team, setting goals and aiming for excellence. The Team will lead and manage the design & development of the Councils own development programme bringing forward sites for mixed tenure development and beyond.
The individual will provide assistance to the Head of Development Delivery, the prime responsibility is to ensure that the development portfolio produces the predefined required deliverables, to the agreed standard of quality and within the specified constraints of cost and time. A flexible, highly motivated, and enthusiastic, inspiring individual is fundamental in bring about change.
We are looking for some with the following essential attributes:
- PRINCE2 or equivalent project/programme management qualification
- Preferably a degree in any property related or development consultancy discipline such as surveying, (or working towards such) of a professional body in the land and property discipline such as RICS or other appropriate professional qualifications.
- Experience of working at management level in the delivery of project /programmes within a Local Government environment
- Knowledge and practical delivery of schemes from inception to occupation and project closure (post defects resolution period). i.e. RIBA stages 0-7. In particular; mixed tenure housing projects & infrastructure schemes.
- Proven experience of developing a strong network of contacts within the public and private sectors
- Encourages collaborative work, with an emphasis on creating an environment where all can share their ideas
What we offer
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Work-life balance options may include flexitime, home working etc
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programs
Please note due to COVID-19 circumstances at present the role is mostly remote from home but there may be a requirement to attend the office to undertake some work duties.
How to apply
Read through job description and person specification and complete the online application form. If you would like any further information about the role before applying, please contact Abid Arai, Head of Development Delivery – Estates, Abid.Arai@Barnet.gov.uk, or call 07904515496.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Customer Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Housing Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)
- Community Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Greater)