Executive Project Officer
Here at Kirklees Council we’re thinking big. We’re developing plans for our recovery from COVID-19 as well as well as continuing with our high ambitions for the borough. We want to use this opportunity to reshape services in order to build back better and stronger.
As an Executive Project Officer your role will be to provide hands-on support to one of the team of five Strategic Directors within the Council, whose collective aim is to achieve our overall vision.
These roles represent an exciting opportunity to be part of something special. If you thrive on a challenge and are looking for an opportunity to use your project management skills to help make a real difference to people’s lives then you might be the person we’re looking for.
You’ll need to understand the way in which local authorities operate in order to provide project support for the varying portfolio of services for each Strategic Director.
You will work as part of a dynamic team, alongside the Executive Support and Programme Manager, ensuring a co-ordinated approach to our priorities. This is an exciting, hands-on role in a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility and the ability to manage competing priorities.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to work at a high level and communicate professionally with a range of people in differing positions of authority, including partners, senior managers and elected members
- An ability to build relationships at all levels
- Experience of working independently and delivering to agreed deadlines
- An understanding of the priorities of Kirklees Council and its structure
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to co-ordinate project work
- Experience of applying project management principles to multiple priorities
In return we can offer a place where no two days are the same; where you’ll be making a difference for almost half a million residents and working on a breadth of subject matter you’ll struggle to find anywhere else.
Should you wish to discuss the role further, please contact Georgina Barraclough, Executive Support and Programme Manager, via email email@example.com
Interviews for applicants who are shortlisted will be online via Teams.
11 April 2021, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.