Insight Officer - Technical Development
Can you see how technology can be used to improve the storing, reporting and analysis of data? Do you have strong technical skills that can support a team to further develop how we efficiently extract and manage data? Do you want to improve outcomes for the residents of Telford & Wrekin and influence decisions by working in our team?
The Policy & Development Teams at Telford & Wrekin Council have a new, exciting and ambitious agenda to deliver for the whole Council. We are driving forward partnership working, evidence based decision making and organisational development.
This role is based in a strong and growing Insight Team who provide analysis and reporting to the Council in order to support evidence based decision making. This is a new role that reflects our commitment to continuously improve our use of technology to extract, manage and visualise data. We’re looking for someone who:
- Already works in a similar role and is looking for an exciting new opportunity
- Is skilled in extracting, storing and managing complex data to support reporting
- Be a confident user of complex reporting software and related programming languages for example SQL/M/DAX
- Be ready to support our journey to implementing Power BI for data visualisation
- Understand the challenges associated with a high profile role.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’d like to hear from you. Please ensure your application demonstrates how you would be successful in this role.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Helen Potter email@example.com
For further information on the role please click on the links below to view the job description and person specification.
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.
Job Description & Person Specification