Insight Officer (1 Year fixed term contract)
Are you passionate about data? Can you see the difference that analysis and reporting of data has on an organisation? Do you want to improve outcomes for the residents of Telford & Wrekin and influence key decisions by providing insight and evidence to managers?
The Policy & Development Teams at Telford & Wrekin Council have a new, exciting and ambitious agenda to deliver for the whole Council. We are driving forward partnership working, evidence based decision making and organisational development.
This is one of a number of new roles based in a strong and growing Insight Team who provide analysis and reporting to the Council in order to support evidence based decision making. We’re looking for people who:
- Already work in a similar role and are looking for an exciting new opportunity
- Have significant experience in extracting, analysing and reporting complex datasets
- Be a highly competent and confident user of Excel, skilled in analysing large datasets and preferably proficient in using tools such as Power BI and GIS to visualise data
- Be able to work independently to analyse and report data that is accurate, detailed and complies with national legislation and statutory guidance
- Understand the challenges associated with a high profile role in a political environment.
This role will be based in Children & Families and will be supporting the implementation of the Family Safeguarding model.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’d like to hear from you. Please ensure your application demonstrates how you would be successful in this role.
This fixed term contract post would be considered for secondment. If you are applying as a secondment please discuss this with your line manger before applying.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Helen Potter email@example.com
For further information on the role please click on the links below to view the job description and person specification.
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.
3136 Insight Officer Final.docx