Post 1 - Fixed term - 30 hours - £20,660 - £21,925
Post 2 - Permanent - 25 hours - £17,216 - £18,270
Kirklees Early Years SEN Support is looking to recruit a creative, enthusiastic and flexible person to become part of our growing team of Early Years SEND professionals.
You will work alongside specialist teachers and advanced teaching assistants, Portage home visitors and our well established inclusion team supporting children with SEND who are attending or about to attend PVI settings across the local authority. You will have a desire to influence positive outcomes for all children and will have the skills necessary to work closely with key adults and professionals involved in children’s lives.
You will have an excellent understanding of Early Years SEND processes and the duties linked to the 2014 SEND Code of Practice. You will have worked with children who have SEND and will have a commitment to early identification of need and the planning and delivery of appropriate intervention and support. This job will suit someone who has excellent interpersonal skills, who can work flexibly and responsively and who has a desire to build on their knowledge and understanding of children with SEND.
You will be a kind, empathetic and resilient individual who can manage their time efficiently and work well as part of a team.
Key requirements for this job:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in early learning and childcare
- Experience of working in the PVI sector and supporting children with SEND
- Experience and good working knowledge of the EYFS
- Experience of working as a SENCO or working closely with a PVI setting SENCO
- Experience of planning to meet individual children’s’ needs and an understanding of SMART targets.
- An awareness of the Portage model and it’s principles
- An ability and desire to model high quality SEND practice
- Experience of developing positive partnership working with parents / carers and a desire to empower them to support their children’s learning and development.
- Confidence to work in a multi-agency context and provide updates and information in meetings
Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time. Exceptions will be made for applicants with disabilities.
20 April 2021, 11:55 PM
This job is subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job as a secondment you must be a substantive employee of the Council with over 6 months continuous service and have successfully completed your probation period.
Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission.
If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.