Project Manager - Customers and Communities
In Kirklees we are focused on outcomes more than process and believe that to achieve the best outcomes for local citizens we need to be thinking “People, Place, Partners” and “working with rather than doing to”.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a team providing a cross service resource where you can make a real difference. We are looking for a bright individual, who thrives in working in a fast paced environment.
You will have a good track record of managing large and complex projects in the Council or elsewhere. You will be a pro-active and enthusiastic individual with excellent project management skills, displaying a flexible approach to provide support across the service, demonstrating an ability to work as part of a team, working at pace and capable of managing a diverse workload.
You will work with different stakeholders to support the service to maintain business activities or quickly resuming them in response to changing and evolving circumstances ensuring our communities remain safe.
Under the direction of the Relationship and Improvement Manager, you will lead the development and delivery of identified projects within the Customers and Communities Directorate.
Post 1 will have a primary focus working on the Child Sexual Exploitation Commission and will support the Programme Lead on the workstreams.
Post 2 will have a primary focus working across the Communities Service you will support a range of improvement programmes including Domestic Abuse, Community Safety and cohesion and inclusion, enabling us to improve our partnership arrangements and transform our service delivery.
Key requirements for this job:
- Experience of supporting the implementation or transformation or change in the council or another organisation.
- Understanding of good practice in project or programme management and practical experience of implementing it (a relevant qualification or training is beneficial, but not essential).
- Has a pro-active approach to driving progress and problem resolution together with the ability to analyse, determine and prioritise key actions to deliver targets and outcomes.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve issues through effective influencing and negotiation.
- Has excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and is able to communicate with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Ability to compile succinct dashboards and clear and concise reports, identifying key successes and issues for resolution.
- Ability to analyse and synthesise large amounts of information, develop cost models and business cases.
- Understands the leadership of change in a political environment.
- Understands the opportunities and challenges facing local government and the wider public sector
- Ability to handle uncertainty and work independently, from their own initiative.
- Highly organised and entirely reliable.
18 April 2021, 11:55 PM
To apply for this job as a secondment you must be a substantive employee of the Council with over 6 months continuous service and have successfully completed your probation period.
Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission.
If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Contract jobs in Kirklees
- Children's Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Contract jobs in Kirklees
- Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Contract jobs in Kirklees
- Housing Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Contract jobs in Kirklees
- Community Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Contract jobs in Kirklees