People Business Partner
Here at Essex County Council (ECC) we are looking for HR and OD professionals who are at the top of their game and who are passionate about developing modern, business focussed solutions, and who are not afraid to challenge and try something new. The challenge we have at ECC is massive, the opportunity is even bigger. This is your chance to bring new and modern ways of doing things to one of the biggest county councils in the country, where you will be encouraged to share your ideas, experience and be at the heart of creating and delivering best fit solutions.
If the idea of being part of a team who is making a real difference to public service, and to the lives of the residents of Essex, appeals to you - then this is the place for you. You may currently be working outside of local government or even in the private sector but looking to showcase your skills on a larger stage and focussed on business performance which has a real impact on people's lives.
As a senior leader within the Organisation Development & People and Service Transformation (ODP&ST) team, you will develop critical relationships across the different areas of the Council, driving our people and workforce strategy initiatives to ensure we are continually improving performance. Ambitious people really fit in here so if you are a talented People Business Partner, we want to hear from you.
On a day-to-day basis
- Use your expertise, credibility and gravitas to influence even the most senior colleagues, helping us to drive our initiatives forward and build a world-class workforce
- Work collaboratively, providing expert advice and coaching.
- Actively challenge the status quo and will encourage ideas and the use of innovative, digital solutions to improve on performance.
- Monitor, assess and evaluate workforce performance and its impact on the organisation, and play a key role in the Council's business planning cycle.
You'll do great here if you
- Have your own strategies for building your own in-depth knowledge of each area of the business, its language, goals, processes and strategy.
- Possess strong communication skills that give you the ability to forge lasting relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Are a senior HR professional, with significant experience under your belt, you're resilient, curious, adaptable and creative, and lead with ethical and professional integrity.
- Have experience of coaching and leading others and are able to provide advice and support across the different areas of the Council.
- Understand that driving continuous improvement is an important part of what you do, and you'll actively seek out new ideas and feedback from customers to learn and grow.
- Are educated to degree level or equivalent and hold an MCIPD qualification, or ideally, FCIPD qualification.
Benefits of working for us
This is a great role in a vibrant and growing team. You'll find an inclusive culture and a place where your opinion is valued. You can find out more about us and the work we do on the Working for Essex webiste.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
*This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.