Customer Specialist Level 3 - Prison Library, HMP Chelmsford
7 days left
- Contract Type
Please note this role is for 24 hours per week (3 days per week) and is fixed term until 31st May 2022. Working pattern to be discussed at interview.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home rather than the office, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
The Customer Specialist will support the delivery of a prison library service within the unique environment of HMP/YOI Chelmsford. Working as part of a dynamic team to deliver library, administrative and support activities, they will proactively be managing workload, taking initiative, and using personal judgement to resolve internal and external customer issues. The successful candidate will demonstrate an enthusiastic approach in encouraging prisoners to enjoy reading, show empathy, have strong personal integrity and diligence, be committed to providing great customer service and be keen to make a difference..
- Provide effective, high quality support, advice, and guidance to Prisoner Orderlies on basic library procedures and L2 Customer Specialists, in respect of unusual or complex customer work requests.
- Responsible for dealing with complex and broader subject knowledge-based queries and activities.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, to drive the delivery of productivity and continuous improvement across customer processes.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to understand customer needs, resolving them promptly and providing them with a service they value.
- Contribute to continual service improvements, using statistics or other data to determine the level of customer service provided and recommend changes.
- Collate relevant information from a variety of sources to ensure that complex enquiries or customer complaints can be resolved in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for delivering against team objectives to meet deadlines and targets, in support of the wider customer vision.
- Support the Prison Library Supervisor to deliver a library service to HMP/YOI as laid out in the Service Level Agreement, together with added value activities such as Storybook Dads, Reading Ahead and Family Library Times, which support improved literacy, health and wellbeing and family cohesion.
Knowledge, skills, and experience
- Educated to RQF Level 3 (A level) in Administration, or equivalent by experience.
- Ability to develop skills and knowledge in role.
- Demonstrable experience and competence of MS Office and their practical application, with the ability to use computerised systems with a high level of speed and accuracy.Previous experience of operating electronic or hard copy filing systems.
- Experience of delivering workplace based, procedural training to staff.
- Good communication skills with the ability to de-escalate concerns.
- Ability to be flexible to respond to a rapidly changing environment, tenacious and with a determination to find solutions to problems.
- Confident, assertive, and emotionally resilient, whilst maintaining empathy for the library customers who may have complex needs including poor mental health, low levels of literacy and challenging behaviour.
- Library experience is desirable although not essential as full training will be given.
- Experience of working with offenders is desirable.