Transactional Services Manager (Revenues & Assessment Services)
To support the development of a sector leading Transactional Service through the management of a team of staff responsible for the provision of high quality Revenues and Assessment Service including Council Tax, Business Rates, Corporate Debt, Housing Benefit, Welfare Support, Client Finance (assessment support), Client Finance (Audits & payments), SEN and Early Years alongside Special Guardianship, Appointeeship and Deputyship. Ensuring compliance with all relevant acts, regulations, council policies and best practices together with ensuring that all associated service policies, practices and procedures are administered and developed in line with service and corporate objectives.
The post holder will achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and make a real and demonstrable difference to the Council’s business and the lives of residents in the Borough.
Cheshire West and Chester Council brings a fresh and energetic approach to providing top quality services for its many customers and communities. West Cheshire is a place where everyone can Thrive – through our core values of Teamwork, Honesty, Respect, Innovation, Value for Money and Empowerment.
A great opportunity for an experienced Revenues and Assessment Manager, with a proven track record of leadership and delivering an effective, customer focused service. We have created a new opportunity for someone to lead and manage our Revenues and Assessment Service ensuring our high standards are maintained.
This is a high profile and complex role with responsibility for a large service incorporating Council Tax, Business Rates, Corporate Debt, Housing Benefit, System Support & Quality, Welfare Support, Client Finance (assessment support), Client Finance (Audits & Payments), SEN and Early Years alongside Free School Meals, Fixed Penalty Notices, Special Guardianship, Appointeeship and Deputyship. You will play a major role in defining and leading the future strategy and development of the service, as well as managing the day to day operations delivered by circa 90 staff. You must be able to demonstrate a high level of organisational skills, and ability to manage a variety of incoming work with competing priorities.
The role is both office based and home working.
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience of working within a local government revenues and benefits environment.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a client finance environment
- Experience of staff management at a senior level
- Record of completed projects of an original and technically challenging nature
- Strong aptitude for people management, raising employee engagement and developing resilience across teams.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation and the ability to train and develop staff.
- Commitment to quality and performance, and enthusiasm for new initiatives
- Ability to lead transformation activity and manage organisational change and development
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification or continuous relevant experience is essential.
- IRRV qualification or relevant experience.
For an informal discussion please contact Jude Green, Head of Transactional Services, on 07791 271426
Closing Date: Thursday 29 April 2021
Interview Date: Monday 10 May & Thursday 13 May 2021
The contractual work location for this role is listed above however you may be required to work from a range of work locations or sites within the Borough and may also be required to work from home, depending on the needs of the service.
Applicants using Internet Explorer have experienced issues uploading attachments (supporting information and CVs) in the past, so if you are using IE we would suggest that you use a different browser when you submit your application - for example Google Chrome.
In your application you should ensure that you provide evidence of how you have demonstrated meeting the Council’s core competencies of Teamwork, Honesty, Respect, Innovation, Value for Money and Empowerment.
Please ensure you check the email account (including junk/spam boxes) from which you apply regularly as we will use this to contact you regarding your application.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date then it is likely that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion, however please do not be discouraged from applying again.
Cheshire West and Chester Council are committed to equality and diversity in employment. Please click the Equality Policy for more information.
Cheshire West and Chester Council have adopted a Local Living Wage for our employees which means that all employees will receive a minimum of £9.30 per hour for all contracted hours.
For any technical enquiries please email Sourcingteam@ecwip.co.uk Please quote job reference number in all correspondence.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Chester
- Corporate Management Team Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Chester
- Housing Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Chester
- Housing Associations Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Chester
- Management and Maintenance Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Chester