Principal Research and Intelligence Specialist
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full time
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Council Research and Intelligence function, managing, developing and influencing the overall direction of the function.
The Principal Research and Intelligence Specialist will work with colleagues across the council, and with external partners and stakeholders, to develop long term and strategic plans which will enable SMBC and local strategic partnerships to maximise use of data and intelligence, taking account of local systems and government policy.
This will include developing the council’s research policy, advising the council on research and development, and developing a research ethics system for the council. The role will also involve management of large, population research projects.
Candidates should have:
- Specialist knowledge and experience of statistical techniques and procedures and report writing, acquired through degree level and experience – and to hold or be working towards registration on the public health specialist register, as a defined specialist
- Proven track record of senior research and management experience including: project management, budget management, people management, performance management
- Excellent analytical skills with experience in statistical and epidemiological methodologies and technologies, and developing systems for inputting, storing and disseminating information
- Excellent communication, influencing and organisational skills, with the ability to engage with people at all levels and across organisations and sectors
- Knowledge of public sector policy, data security and confidentiality issues
Closing date: 7 May 2021
Interview date: 24 May 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Dr Lina Martino on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com