Senior Business Analyst - Business Systems
About Barnet Council
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces and diverse communities all help make it a great place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough, and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better.
As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values – We Care, We Can Be Trusted, We Work Together, We Value Diversity, We Embrace Change and Innovation – which drive everything we do.
In Adult Social Care we are committed to the work we do and the difference we make to residents of Barnet every single day, month and year. We encourage staff to be empowered in making changes and initiate actions that improve our services. Ultimately we should all be happy for our friends and family to receive the services we deliver and commission, and so that is where our focus always lies.
Adults Social Care & Health comprises of people with a range of professional specialisms and expertise, including: social workers; occupational therapists; contract brokers; staff delivering statutory services; financial and performance analysts.
We value the skills that new staff can offer, to make a real difference to people who use our services and their carers. Irrespective of whether the role is frontline or back office, you would be joining a group of people focused on providing excellent services for the local community.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Senior Business Analyst within our Business Systems Team; supporting and maintaining the various IT systems used by the Adults & Health directorate. We currently use the Servelec Mosaic system for case management and CM2000 Call Confirm to monitor homecare visits.
This role is responsible for maintaining the business-related functions of our case management system ensuring that it is fit for purpose and able to provide the identified business benefits in care, financial and performance management.
The post holder will be expected to lead on system analysis; helping to translate business requirements into workable business models. The role also has responsibility for leading on change management, managing incoming requests and delegating resources as appropriate. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing, guiding and mentoring two business analysts.
This role will support key initiatives and projects within Adults and Health and be responsible for working with colleagues from across the Council.
You will need to meet the following requirements:
- Experience of working in a project environment.
- Good understanding and experience of working in a social care environment.
- Practical experience in Mosaic or Framework-i configuration; including financial areas such as service structure set up, income, expenditure and interfaces with corporate finance systems.
- Experience of business process analysis to effect change within case management and finance systems (preferably Servelec Mosaic or Framework-i).
- Good understanding and experience of working in a Finance team and an appreciation of how practice influences finance and budget allocations and the benefits offered by an integrated finance system.
- Experience developing business models in the application, testing functionality, mapping business processes to applications and specification of outputs
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word.
What we offer
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Work-life balance options may include flexitime, job share, home working, part-time
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Employee well- being training programs
How to apply
Click on the apply button on our website where you will find the job listed. Please read through job description and person specification and complete the online application form.
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.
If you would like any further information about the role before applying please contact Liz Hutchinson, Business Systems Service Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org