Permanent, Full Time
£21,057 - £27,391 per annum
Location: Clacton on Sea - Magdalen Close
Closing Date: 4th May 2021
This role involves flexible working between the hours of 7am-11pm, weekend and Bank Holiday working - no home working.
About the Role
The Residential Worker will effectively contribute to care planning and directly work with adults to ensure the delivery of good quality support in a residential home setting.
Experienced in supporting adults within a residential setting, demonstrating support and working collaboratively with them to establish a positive working relationship in which to provide support.
- Responsible for directly supporting and enabling adults within a residential home to ensure all regulatory requirements and codes of practice are met, including safeguarding.
- Supports the planning process for adults, contributing to the assessment of individual needs and developing progressive care and support plans plus risk assessments, to ensure clarity on how these needs will be met, implemented and monitored on a regular basis.
- Support people to ensure they are encouraged and supported to make decisions about how they can live a meaningful life.
- Work collaboratively with the management team, any MDT involved and the local network and communities to ensure that the residents live in a healthy environment and are supported to maximise their independence.
- Contribute to ensuring that people have access to education, employment and/or leisure in their local communities and pursue their interests to further develop their ability to be independent and engaged.
- Contribute to the operational effectiveness of Residential Home ensuring the care of the residents is regularly monitored and on occasion includes leading shifts over shift patterns 7 days per week, including bank holidays.
With us, you can achieve more - for yourself as well as the vulnerable adults you work to support. We encourage our teams to share their ideas and experience. We work together to get things done. Bring your positive, proactive attitude, and we'll empower you to make the most of your experience as a Residential Worker within Essex County Council (ECC) Adult Social Care services.
You must have extensive experience working within the social care sector and have relevant qualifications within this.
A diploma level 3 in social care or willingness to work towards this is a requirement.
This role involves travelling around Essex. A driving licence and car - or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means - is essential.
Apply now at www.workingforessex.com or contact
If you have any questions about the role, or working with us, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/