Permanent, Full Time
Up to £44,001 per annum
Closing Date: 3rd May 2021
We're looking for a Content Designer to join the Council's Service Transformation team. The team directly support the front line of local service delivery and you will get experience across a diverse range of public services. You will help to understand and articulate the needs of real people and will see the impact that your work has on people's lives. In these unprecedented times your focus on users and digital skills will enable you to play an important role in Essex's post-pandemic recovery.
You'll find an inclusive culture and a place where your opinion is valued. You can find out more about us and the work we do on our Service Transformation blog .
If you're a skilled content designer, we want to hear from you.
On a day-to-day basis
· create, iterate and manage user-centred content that is accessible and inclusive
· use analytics, user feedback and research to improve service journeys
· identify user needs, write and map user stories, design content plans, create and publish content
· work with relevant stakeholders and collaborate effectively
· help build user-centred design capability across the organisation
You'll do great here if you
· are experienced in producing clear, user-focussed content that's optimised for search
· have excellent communication and presentation skills
· are confident in managing large amounts of content using content management systems
· have experience of a range of content design methods and approaches that have helped to build capability and understanding of user-centred design
· can engage and influence stakeholders, including challenge decisions that don't meet user needs
· use web analytics, user research and data to monitor and improve content performance
· have practical experience of applying Government Service Standards and Accessibility regulations
· can work independently and prioritise workload
· have experience of multi-disciplinary and agile working
It's not for you if
· you're a visual designer. We're looking for someone who designs in words and concepts
What you should do next
Please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you upload an up to date CV when prompted. We'd also like to hear about you so please ensure you include a cover letter.
Your cover letter should present demonstrable experience of all the competencies listed under "You'll do great here if you". Please try to use real examples and tell us what the situation was, what you did and what the result was.
We are planning to hold interviews on 12th and 13th May 2021.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.