District Support Assistant for Tendring
Please note this is a part time role for 4 hours a week, 30 weeks per year. Therefore, the pro rata salary is up to £1,202 per annum.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home rather than the office, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Essex County Council (ECC) operates one of the largest Music Education Hubs in the UK through a grant from Arts Council England and has undergone significant transformational change recently to broaden and improve its offer to the young people of Essex.
Music Service Support Assistants will be expected to work closely with the District Lead to understand the requirements of the community provision, and actively engage with and support young people and members of the public who attend sessions to ensure the smooth running of the community provision. This role will be central to the community work ensuring all the administration requirements are completed, providing a good level of customer support.
- To act as a first point of contact for students, parents and tutors at the Music School during Music School hours, answering queries, such as those relating to timetables, rooms, fees etc.
- To provide timely response to email communications from parents and wider stakeholders regarding the community provision. To oversee the delivery of weekly music sessions within the community.
- To work with the District Lead Tutors and support the promotion of all community provision within the district.
- To make use of the administration package 'Speedadmin' to ensure accuracy in timetables, and to undertake any setting up of blended learning through online delivery within their district area.
- To work with venue staff in the locations where work is delivered and ensure positive relationships are maintained.
- To support parent's sign up for the wider service delivery, and to access the instrumental discount that we offer.
- To assist with any exams, concerts or external performances that may be occurring within their delegated district.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to RFQ Level 2 or equivalent by experience.
- Clear interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of delivering a high quality, customer focused service.
- Ability to work without assistance to complete tasks.
- Experience with working with different software packages.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to oversee a range of administrative tasks.