Marketing & Communications Officer
Marketing & Communications Officer
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £28,000 per annum
Closing Date: 13/05/2021
Fixed Term Contract (2 years)
This position will, in line with current government guidance be a mixture of office and home working, with attendance required for on-site events in and around Braintree/ Chelmsford/ Uttlesford area.
The home based work will continue for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being more office based, whilst retaining flexible working options in line with Essex County Council mobile flexible working policy.
Essex County Council has been awarded £2.5million from the Department for Transport to deliver two, Digital Demand Responsive Transport (D-DRT) schemes. The two schemes have the potential to transform the local transport offer, piloting a passenger-focussed form of public transport, characterised by flexibility and the use of electric minibuses.
The Marketing and Communications Officer will provide high quality, professional marketing and communications for D-DRT in Essex.
The role will play a key role in ensuring the D-DRT schemes are successfully delivered by developing and implementing a robust OASIS plan, communications plan, devising marketing campaigns and liaising with local stakeholders. Furthermore, the role will be pivotal to whether a key objective for the schemes to be commercially viable is achieved.
You will be required to develop marketing strategies and plans, write marketing and promotional briefs, monitor progress of marketing campaigns and oversee web content and social media activities, so experience in these areas is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support the development and implementation, at pace, of project branding, taking into account ECC branding requirements, connections to a broader D-DRT strategy, the services innovative and green credentials and wider transport services.
- Develop and review a marketing strategy and communications plan for each scheme.
- Responsible for developing marketing campaigns for each scheme, supporting the Business Development Manager to achieve the defined outcomes for each scheme. Manage the sign-off process, ensuring compliance with publicity requirements at each stage.
- Work collaboratively with all key internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistent, high quality communication and marketing campaigns are devised which support the successful delivery of each of the schemes objectives.
- Oversee the management and delivery of each project's web-based and social media activity, in line with the agreed OASIS plan.
- Responsible for managing the project reputation and customer relationship approaches to achieve high levels of satisfaction with scheme passengers and stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing effective and stimulating marketing, promotional and advertising material, within agreed budgets and approaches, including commissioning third party agencies.
- Develop and manage contracts with contractors and consultants, ensuring effective budget management to provide best value for money.
- Building relationships with local businesses, charities and other organisations in the D-DRT schemes operational areas; with a view to generating income from increase patronage.This will be through a mix of digital, paper and face to face engagement.
- Responsible for analysis of marketing campaigns, to ensure cost effectiveness, appropriateness and best use of resources available.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Possess a recognised marketing/communications qualification such as Chartered Institute of Marketing at Level 4.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Ability to build strong internal and external working relationships which are collaborative and influential in nature, with a wide range of organisations, to contribute to the successful delivery of complex, multi-stakeholder schemes.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to persuade, negotiate and deliver presentations or engagement events to a wide range of audiences.
- Evidence of project management and budget management skills.Demonstrable experience of working on public transport campaigns/services is desirable.
- Experience of development and delivery of communication and marketing strategies, including B2B/B2C marketing online, news media, digital and campaign, with knowledge of various communication channels.Demonstrable experience and understanding of utilising CRM systems, developing and implementing project branding.
- Ability to demonstrate technical skills in using social media platforms and analytical tools.Knowledge and understanding of integrated media and how to develop and analyse effective and targeted social campaigns.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/