2nd Line Support Analyst
Technology Services is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology to maximise the opportunities to support ECC from a technology perspective. Bringing a new focus to understanding and supporting the business functions will be key in exploiting technology to deliver positive business outcomes. Service Management is a vital element ensuring TS Services are delivered to provide continuity of operation to agreed levels of service in support of business operations.
The 2nd Line Support Analyst is responsible for progressing reported incidents that cannot be resolved at the first point of contact and require a higher level of technical knowledge and experience to resolve issues. They are likely to be more complex due to the technology components and services to be analysed and the scale of the incident. Analysts will see to fix incidents within own capability and where not possible escalate to seek resolution.
This is a 3 month temporary contract and there will be a requirement to be office based 1 or 2 days per week.
Responsible for handling complex incidents requiring a high level of technical knowledge and, or, involving multiple suppliers according to agreed procedures to restore services quickly, maintain the quality and consistency of the service to minimise business disruption, enhance customer experience and maintain high levels of satisfaction.
Responsible for facilitating recovery to normal operation in complex service environments involving multiple suppliers following resolution of incidents ensuring business services are operating normally to ensure customer satisfaction.
Responsible for ensuring that resolved incidents are properly documented and closed in order that normal business operation resumes, is confirmed, and ensure lessons learned can be acted on to support future service improvement.
Responsible for analysing the causes of technically complex, multiple supplier incidents, and informing service owners in order to minimise probability of recurrence and contribute to service improvement ensuring continuity and effectiveness of business operations.
Responsible for analysing metrics and reports on performance of the management process in support of simplification and continual service improvement to ensure minimal disruption in the business environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to A Level or equivalent in experience in a relevant subject
- Hold ITIL Practitioner level accreditation or equivalent professional qualification
- Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies
- Able to demonstrate good experience in a 2nd Line Analyst/Engineering or Service Desk role preferably working within a large Local Authority or with a Service Provider providing 2nd Line Analyst/Engineering or Service Desk services
- Must demonstrate a track record of working within effective teams delivering high quality Service Management Services that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant ICT related standards including IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP
- Good written, verbal communication and presentational skills
- Good customer service skills
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/workinghere/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.