Business Engagement Officer
Tackling unemployment, raising skills, and supporting economic growth in Brent
Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make up. Brent’s diversity is evident to all who visit our borough and our long history of ethnic and cultural diversity has created a place that is truly unique and valued by those who live and work here.
The council is pursuing a far-reaching transformation agenda that better meets the needs of our community so it is an exciting time to join us.
The Business Engagement Officer will deliver projects to boost business relationships and growth in Brent. The post holder will:
- Carry out communications activity for the Economic Growth team, to raise awareness amoung businesses of available support, opportunities and vital information. This will include the business e-newsletter, website updates and social media.
- Run the annual awards scheme, to reward and promote local businesses.
- Deliver events, to link businesses up to information, support and opportunities.
- Assist with a variety of Economic Development projects as required.
- Advise businesses via email and over the phone
We are seeking a proactive, organised and engaged individual who is keen to develop. The role will suit someone with clear aptitude who is willing to learn and take the next step in their career. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are crucial; as is an ability to self-manage and project plan, and willingness to learn and grow.
The successful candidate will have experience of:
- Writing clearly with a target audience in mind;
- Project management or managing their time to meet deadlines;
- Prioritising and managing conflicting demands;
- Working collaboratively in a team;
- Preferably have some experience of social media management and website content updates.
- Showing a willingness and ability to learn and develop.
Closing Date: 16 May 2021 (23:00)
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage all applicants to self-identify their characteristics in the diversity survey section in the application.
We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should be aware that posts working with children, young people and vulnerable adults are subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Brent has a positive approach to flexible working.
As a disability confident employer Brent welcomes applications from people with all disabilities, including hidden disabilities and mental health conditions. We will interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential criteria. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to any part of the recruitment process due to your disability, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the information you provide will be treated fairly and confidentially.
Please note CVs will not be considered as part of your application for this position.