Lifestyles & Uptake Officer
Healthy Sandwell is a vibrant, efficient and highly regarded team that delivers a frontline customer focussed Public Health service centred around motivational and behaviour change support and advice that has a direct impact on improving the health and wellbeing of residents.
We are highly committed to provide a professional service, over the phone and face to face (as applicable), supporting and providing advice covering a variety of health and lifestyle services as well as providing advice and guidance on infection control measures to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Sandwell; ensuring children, young people and families are at the heart of everything we do.
In order to improve access to mainstream health and wellbeing services and tackle the inequalities faced by BAME communities, we are seeking someone with experience and skills in engaging with a diverse range of communities. Their role will also include translating communications and interpreting in community languages to ensure local organisations and individuals are better informed about services and support available. We are therefore actively seeking an additional member of our team, who is able to address language, cultural and other barriers and is fluent in Punjabi and Urdu as this is a genuine occupational requirement of the role. Additional languages would also be advantageous.
- You must have GCSE's in English and Maths or equivalent level of education
- Significant experience working in public health social care settings
- Demonstrable experience of decision making on health and wellbeing enquiries
- Knowledge and awareness of social determinants of health and health inequalities
- Have some understanding of the barriers to healthy lifestyle and taking up services
- Experience of working across organisational and management boundaries to achieve improved outcomes for Public Health
- Good communication skills and ability to build positive relationships
- Excellent level of customer care experience and skills
- Experience of working under pressure whilst meeting tight timescales and deadlines
- Ability to use MECC’s approach to encourage and support a change in behaviour
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi task
- Experience of maintaining good records
- Demonstrable knowledge on data protection and best practice for compliance, confidentiality and respect the sensitive nature of the patient and client information
- Ability to deal with difficult situations involving behavioural change
- Ability to work unsocial hours including evenings and weekends (sometimes at short notice)
- Ability to speak community languages
Previous applicants need not apply.
A Standard DBS check is required for this role.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com