Business Skills Tutor/Assessor
Business Skills Tutor/Assessor
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £26,801 per annum
Closing Date: 26th May 2021
Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract
Adult Community Learning (ACL) is ECC's provider of lifelong learning experiences for Essex residents.
ACL offers qualifications to help people move nearer to, enter or progress within the workplace or gain skills to enhance life chances. The service focuses many of its programmes and activities on the hardest to reach communities within Essex. ACL learners have access to a diverse range of non-accredited courses which encourage creativity, healthy lifestyles, social inclusion and engagement.
Our classroom and work-based tutors design, plan, deliver and evaluate high quality learning opportunities and experiences to challenge and enable learners from diverse backgrounds to achieve their individual goals and aspirations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Reflect on what works best in your teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of learners, including evaluating and challenging your own practice, values and beliefs.
· Inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of learners through your enthusiasm and knowledge by being creative and innovative in selecting and adapting strategies to help learners to learn, promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression.
· Build positive and collaborative relationships with colleagues and learners.
· Value and promote social and cultural diversity, equality of opportunity and inclusion.
· Maintain and update knowledge of your subject and/or vocational area
· Maintain and update knowledge of educational research to develop evidence-based practice, and in collaboration with internal and external networks.
· Understand the teaching and professional role and your responsibilities, managing and promoting positive learner behaviour, including the application of the theory of effective practice in teaching, learning and assessment drawing on research and other evidence.
· Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment. Evaluate your practice with others and assess its impact on learning.
· Promote the benefits of digital technology and support learners in its use and address the mathematics and English needs of learners, working creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning.
· Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge.
· Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement.
· Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others.
· Support and enable apprentices throughout their apprenticeship and with their preparation for End Point Assessment
· Work effectively and proactively, building positive and collaborative relationships with the awarding organisation, providing advice and guidance as appropriate
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable specialist knowledge in relevant subject.
- Significant experience in teaching adult learners, with a good understanding of appropriate teaching strategies and methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience of assessing and recording progress in learning and preparing learners for accreditation where appropriate.
- Ability to build strong and collaborative working relationships inside and outside the learning environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Work-based tutoring - an A1 or TAQA qualification is essential
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888 Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.