Assistant Director of Public Health
Staffordshire County Council is an ambitious and forward-looking Council with a strong focus on becoming a smart county, where people and communities are enabled and supported to take control of their wellbeing.
Our Vision – A county where big ambitions, great connections and greener living give everyone the opportunity to prosper, be healthy and happy
Our Outcomes – Everyone in Staffordshire will:
- Have access to more good jobs and share the benefit of economic growth
- Be healthier and more independent for longer
- Feel safer, happier and more supported in their community
Our Values – Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans. Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
Ambitious – We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
Courageous – We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
Empowering – We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
This is a new post for an Assistant Director of Public Health and Prevention employed by Staffordshire County Council. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a talented multi-disciplinary team whose work programme includes healthy behaviours, health protection and supportive communities.
The Assistant Director: Public Health & Prevention will lead the public health function for the County Council and be accountable for
- Surveillance of population health
- Development and implementation of multi-agency public health strategies and policies to improve health and well-being
- Commissioning of prevention services
- Protecting the population’s health from communicable diseases and non-communicable environmental hazards
- Support for integration and commissioning of health and care services across the Council and the local NHS
The role will work with and support Elected Members, the Senior Leadership team, public, private and third sector partners, and communities across the county, to harness the whole of Staffordshire’s resources to deliver better health, happiness and prosperity for local residents.
If this opportunity excites you and you can bring energy and enthusiasm as well as a sound public health expertise please apply.
- A range of flexible working options
- Generous annual leave and bank holidays with the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- Maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave
- Training and development opportunities
Candidates must be included on the GMC Specialist Register in Public Health or the UK Public Health Register for Public Health Specialists.
If a disabled person meets the criteria indicated by the Disability Confident scheme symbol and provides evidence of this on their application form, they will be guaranteed an interview.
Staffordshire County Council are proud to display the Disability Confidence Symbol, which is a recognition given by Jobcentre plus to employers who agree to meet specific requirements regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
For more details please click apply below or arrange an informal discussion with our search partner Ben Parsonage email@example.com
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Staffordshire
- Corporate Management Team Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Staffordshire
- Health and Social Care Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Staffordshire
- Health Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Staffordshire
- Social Care Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Staffordshire