Choice and Control Communications Lead
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £43,674 per annum
Closing Date: 19th May 2021
***Please note this is a Secondment / Fixed Term contract opportunity for a period of 12 months***
The Choice and Control Programme aims to transform our personalisation offer across Adults and Children's Social Care, ensuring people have choice and control over their lives. This programme cross cuts all ages and disabilities.
The Communications Lead will be responsible for delivering internal and external communications activities across the programme and across all channels, to a wide range of audiences. Linked to a senior specialist in the corporate communications team to ensure all communications are aligned to the Council's strategic approach and direction. Responsible for working with key stakeholders and helping to shape and deliver the communications strategy and plans for the programme, as well as creating and curating content that supports the delivery of change to behaviours, practices, perceptions and attitudes, as well as increasing levels of understanding and satisfaction.
Required to work collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the delivery of the Choice and Control Programme vision and activity and ensure it is aligned to the wider ASC and CSC vision to promote choice and control. Ensure proactive and reactive communications, to engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including reputational and issues management.
- Responsible for planning communications strategies and campaigns, writing and producing on and offline content, including press releases, videos and events. Working closely with stakeholders, partners and the media to deliver high quality internal and external content.
- Support the recruitment and maintenance of a strong network of influencers and advocates to promote the Choice and Control programme.
- Responsible for offering guidance on which inbound media opportunities to pursue and which to decline, to make better use of resource.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders within the Programme and with colleagues across Communications and Marketing to share knowledge, insights and data.
To apply, you'll need vast experience in Communications and Marketing.
You will show passion for working with people with lived experience of disability and public services to design communication products and ensuring accessibility needs are considered throughout.
You'll be used to working on publicity campaigns on a local and national level, on behalf of a large, complex organisation.
A previous history of carrying out a media relations role on behalf of a public sector or relevant private or third sector organisation would also be beneficial.
Apply now at WorkingForEssex.com or contact
If you have any questions about the role, or working with us, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/