This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
People Caseworkers play a critical role as we make a step change in the way we deliver people related services to customers and organise our transactional work in the Organisational Design and People function. You will be specialists in practically supporting in the delivery of employee standards, supporting and mentoring managers to resolve employee relation issues.
People Caseworkers will be responsible for providing professional and customer focused resolution to case work, along with providing support on first line and second line customer queries and advice across People Operations. This includes, Leadership and Talent, Performance Management, Occupational Health, DBS, Payroll and employment contract management.
Passionate about customer services, ensuring People Operations is easy to access and navigate, so customers are able to quickly resolve their people queries and issues. HR case work specialists, but also able to provide advice and guidance on the full range of customer queries.
Responsible for providing accurate high quality advice and information on the range of ODP specialisms to line managers leading the resolution of employment issues, signposting to appropriate policy, procedures and guidance, based on professional expertise, skills and knowledge.
Manage a caseload of people related issues such as onboarding, probation, grievance, sickness performance improvement and discipline, working collaboratively with Line Managers and People Consultants.
Ability to communicate effectively, demonstrating empathy, listening and questioning skills to a very high level and ability to build rapport and trust when dealing with sensitive employee issues.
Ability to perform against set targets and to meet service levels and the desire to continually improve the service offered.
Strong team working motivation and ability to build effective working relationships across ODP including with People Business Partners, People Consultants and the service centre.
Support the development of local Service Level Agreements (SLA) for People Operations, on an ongoing basis, to ensure they reflect customer needs and a service they value.
Responsible for maintaining and monitoring accuracy of case records, to make necessary improvements and track progress against Service Level Agreements, flagging and escalating concerns appropriately when required.
Contribute to the analysis of trends in data requirements, to identify changes and improvements to ODP service and policies/standards, including accessibility issues.
Working as part of the service centre team, capture and update guidance material to ensure consistency of advice provided.
Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Partly CIPD qualified or equivalent, or working towards this qualification, with evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in professional area.
- Experience of advising, supporting and guiding managers in employment casework, with a good knowledge and understanding of relevant employment legislation and practice.
- Evidence of performing against set targets to meet service levels and a desire to continually improve the service offered.
- Ability to communicate effectively, demonstrating empathy, listening and questioning skills to a very high level and ability to build rapport and trust when dealing with sensitive employee issues.
- Strong team working, motivation and ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues across the Council.
- Solution focussed with an ability to confidently manage and prioritise multiple demands, seeking continuous improvement.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite of products and business technology and the ability to use systems.