Youth Work Team Leader (YEA)
- Contract Type
- Full time
Our Youth Service currently have an opportunity for a Youth Work Team Leader Young Essex Assembly
The Youth Work Team Leader (YEA) will work with the Professional Youth Worker (YEA) to facilitate and support the activities of the YEA that enable the mandated 'voice' of young people to be heard and enable the YEA 'Agenda for action' to be progressed to ensure the inclusion of all young people especially the disaffected and disadvantaged.
They will Support the development of the Members of the YEA (MYEA) to enable them to effectively progress their agenda for the young people of Essex. Provide them with appropriate support to facilitate their projects, activities, events and the election process.
- Represent the council effectively both internally and externally.
- Establishing, and maintaining relationships with young people, the voluntary sector, communities and elected members to promote youth participation and youth voice as well as ensure the voice of young people in Essex is heard and represented
- Ensure Child Protection/ Safeguarding Guidelines (SET) are followed and that all concerns are reported promptly
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent level of numeracy, literacy (GCSE A - C or equivalent or demonstrable experience) and ICT.
- Effective team working skills.
- Experience of effective use of resources.
- Ability to work in partnership to identify young people's priorities and plan outcomes for young people.
- Effective in time management and good organisational skills.
- Ability to motivate young people and facilitate young people's development and learning.
- Ability to develop work with young people and partners to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- The job role requires you to be mobile throughout the county, access to a vehicle or another efficient mode of transport will be required
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact Recruitment on 0333 013 5888
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider