Aspirant Directors of Children’s Services
Are you an inspirational inclusive leader? Are you a change-maker? Are you someone the UK’s young people can depend upon?
Opening applications for 2021/22 for the upon Programme for aspiring Directors of Children’s Services.
Starting late September 2021 until March 2022, the second upon Programme offers an exceptional learning opportunity for around 35 talented individuals who want to make a real difference to the lives of children, young people and families and community outcomes.
Following on from the success of delivering a year one cohort during 2020/21, our highly impactful, blended programme will combine rich online learning experiences with residential and face-to-face activity. All in line with relevant Covid guidelines.
What you’ll experience
- 8 ‘taught’ days of leadership and management development including academic learning and the chance to discuss the reality with current DCSs and experience learning visits.
- A learning repository packed with helpful guides, videos, blogs from successful leaders and learning sessions you can take in your own time.
- Personal support through feedback, a regional learning mentor and an employer sponsor, with options to get a further qualification.
- Belonging to a highly supportive peer network, which for many people becomes a lifelong source of inspiration and advice
In return, you need to be fully committed to completing the programme, applying your learning to your leadership and contributing your skills and experience to the learning of the group.
Should you apply?
We’re looking for inspiring new leaders that children can depend upon. If the following description sounds like you, we would love to hear from you:
- A strong moral purpose and passion to champion children and young people.
- At least 3 years effective sustained senior strategic leadership and management experience in local government children’s services or related fields and sectors.
- The potential to become a Director of Children’s Services within the next three years.
The future of Children’s Services is one of embracing inclusion, diversity and equal opportunities for all. To help achieve greater diversity of leaders, upon will be providing specific support for aspiring leaders, new Directors and employers, to help address some of the barriers to progression which are long standing in this sector and others for people with protected characteristics. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Leaders.
If you think you meet these criteria, please click on the Apply button below to apply or join one of our upcoming recruitment webfairs for more information.
Closing date: Midday on 28th June 2021
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director Up to £9,999 Full time jobs in England
- Corporate Management Team Director Up to £9,999 Full time jobs in England
- Health and Social Care Director Up to £9,999 Full time jobs in England
- Health Director Up to £9,999 Full time jobs in England
- Children's Services Director Up to £9,999 Full time jobs in England