Health & Safety Lead Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to become the Lead Officer for Health & Safety in respect to care and support services commissioned by the council or provided in-house by the council.
We are seeking candidates that currently hold a NEBOSH Diploma qualification or a NVQ in Occupational Health and Safety Practice 4 or hold the NEBOSH National General Certificate. An Enhanced Adults Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check will be required for this role.
Duties will include:
- Supporting a positive health and safety culture within care and support services.
- Supporting senior managers in overseeing all aspects of health and safety in the care and support sector in accordance with legislation, codes of practice, safe methods of work and accepted good practice.
- Delivering health and safety training as required.
- Providing an innovative and ‘hands on approach’ to improving health and safety systems and procedures within the care and support sector.
- Supporting events that take place to ensure that the highest health and safety standards are maintained.
- Maintaining existing health and safety systems.
- Recording, reporting and investigating accidents in the care and support sector where required and ensuring that RIDDOR reports are completed.
- Carrying out audits, inspections and health and safety monitoring in care and support services.
- Undertaking project work as required to improve and enhance the safety culture of the care and support sector.
Previous experience in a local authority or large multi-site organisation is preferable. You will be an excellent communicator, taking a pragmatic and persuasive approach to problem solving.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org