Youth Work Team Leader
7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Youth Work Team Leader
Permanent, Full Time
£20,589 to £23,178 per annum
Closing Date: 07/06/2021
As a Youth Work Team Leader, you will lead and manage the delivery of a specified programme to young people. Providing information, support and expertise to support and promote the delivery of the specified programme.
You will be working face to face with young people in youth work provision/s. Taking responsibility for the development and delivery of youth work projects and work directly with young people in informal settings and maintain professional and purposeful relationships.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Line Manager Core Accountabilities:
- Manage the organisation to a high-performing, customer-centric culture through exemplar behaviour in accordance with ECC's
- Values and Core Leadership Behaviours
- Manage employees in working flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries as part of project or process teams in support of key outcomes
- Manage the development of organisational capability through good people management, including the training, development, mentoring and coaching of team members
- Thinking creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement, commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in employees
- Ensure the proper assessment, management and mitigation of risk, including Health and Safety and Business Continuity
- Work as part of project or process teams as required under the new operating model, ensuring excellent cross functional output
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Develop and deliver a programme of imaginative activities, encouraging the active participation and involvement of young people in developing their skills, understanding of others and the world around them within the project or unit of provision. Ensuring that young people and staff are fully involved in this process
- Facilitate young people's learning and their personal and social development in accordance with the core values of youth work
- If required establish, maintain and manage resources including staff
- Keep accurate and efficient administrative systems and record keeping
- Promote the programme to ensure that opportunities are accessible to targeted groups/individuals and respond to individual and group needs
- Provide information and data as required
- Take part in the Service supervision scheme and performance management scheme to identify priorities and learning needs, and to be responsible for the learning and development of staff reporting to the post taking account of the performance management process
- Ensure Child Protection/ Safeguarding Guidelines (SET) are followed and that all concerns are reported promptly
- Comply with individual responsibilities for staff and young people, in accordance with work role, for health and safety in the workplace
- Ensure all duties and services provided are in accordance with the County Council Equal Opportunities Policy and Practice and the Professional Guidelines
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the level and accountabilities of the post as directed by the Head of the Service
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A nationally JNC recognised qualification in youth support work, minimum Level 2 (QCF, VRQ, NVQ or Local) with a willingness to undertake a relevant level three qualification
- Evidence of recent continuous professional development.
- Experience of working with innovative, social education programmes.
- Ability to develop work with young people to achieve planned outcomes.
- Experience of effective use of resources
- Ability to motivate staff.
- Experience of successfully involving young people in decision making processes.
- Knowledge and experience of youth work methods and techniques.
- Excellent level of numeracy, literacy (GCSE A - C or equivalent or demonstrable experience) and ICT
- The job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Depending on the geographical area, access to a vehicle or another efficient mode of transport will be required
- Work across Essex as per service needs