Senior Practitioner - CYP Placement Service Placement Finding
7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Senior Practitioner - Children & Young Peoples Placement Service Placement Finding
Permanent, Full Time
£40,637 to £49,183 per annum
In ECC we are "Serious about Social Work". Having recently won the Best Social Work Employer of the Year Award 2018 and been awarded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted this is an exciting time to join us. As if that wasn't enough, Essex has also been announced as a Partner in Practice by the Department of Education, and the Essex Social Care Academy (ESCA) is the only Local Authority team in the country to be accredited by BASW as a CPD provider. We have invested in our workforce and created a positive environment for our social workers to make a difference and achieve change for our most vulnerable children and families through direct relationship-based social work practice. We have supported our staff to have an understanding of systemic theoretical framework and models underpinning our interventions; to have access to the right tools, equipment and resources; and also the right supervision, training and learning opportunities they need to be strong practitioners
Children and Families is recognised as a service in which social work can develop and prosper, with a culture of collaboration, integrity, and compassion; promoting development and wellbeing of children, young people, and their families; protecting them from neglect and abuse. Working together with partners delivering a range of early help, family support and effective social work interventions which build resilience, remove barriers, and enable children and young people to look forward to a brighter future.
The Children & Young People's Service's (CYPPS) role is to support The Placement Finding Team's operational responsibility is to provide an effective response to referral requests and ensure appropriate placements are made. And placements that are sourced are with:
* In-house foster placements -which includes short breaks and respite
* In-house Supported Lodging Carers
* External placements [IFA/Residential] and Semi-Independent Accommodation Placements (SIA)
* No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) accommodation- post 18 and families
* Welfare Secure Accommodation
Within the Placement Finding Team we are looking for a Senior Practitioner and in this role you will be required to be part of the senior duty requirements for the team - office and working from home with the other senior practitioner's in the team on a rota basis, be confident in overseeing duty as well as managing the day-to-day functions for the team e.g. overseeing the incoming placement requests, allocating referrals to Placement Officers to undertake placement searches, and quality and assurance of the referral request.
You will be required to provide supervision to Placement Officers as part of supporting them with their allocated work and development / training needs.
You will also have assigned links with one the four quadrants to build relationships with the fostering and other teams to ensure good communication and the developments identified for Fostering are implemented. As part of these developments you will be assigned work stream lead/ project work to ensure that continued review and development of as part of the CLA placements.
Driving Licence and use of car for travel to other local offices across Essex required as part of post requirements.
The role requires an experienced social work practitioner, who is able:
· to manage higher levels of risk, mentor and advise staff, manage performance and deliver improvements.
· build strong working relationships with key partners and stakeholders is essential and to have a sound knowledge of the CIC processes.
· be linked to a quadrant to promote the relationship with the respective child care and fostering teams, to promote the in-house fostering business plan and engage with in-house carers through a range of mediums.
· take the lead in assigned work to ensure the continued review and development of the service and will have a sound knowledge of the LAC process.
· be responsible for providing a source of expert advice and professional supervision for Placement Officers and contributing to the development of practice standards.
· accountable for being involved in the assessment of complex social care needs and development of support for vulnerable people, children and families as part of the placement finding process in the service.
· responsible for maintaining accurate and timely data, reports and presentations as required.
Skills and knowledge
- Diploma in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
HCPC Registration as a Registered Social Worker
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- As part of the recruitment to this post we are looking for someone who has extensive CLA experience.
- IT/Word Processing Skills
- Evidence of recent practice at an experienced social worker level, supported by comprehensive working knowledge and experience within the field of practice in Children Services
- Preferably with experience of Child Protection work including section 47 investigations and assessments since the implementation of the Children's Act 1989.
- Considerable, recent experience of communicating with children of all ages and working in partnership with parents and/or carers.
- Experience in planning activities and programmes for children, young people and parents.
- Experience of Court work in relation to Child Care matters and have an understanding of the legal process.
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation pertinent to Children in Care Guidance and Regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development, relating theory and practice.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.