Recruitment Support Advisor - Temporary Recruitment Team
7 days left
- Contract Type
Please note this is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance, be based from home rather than the office. If / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based with some travel across Essex required, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our award-winning in-house Resourcing Team within ECC as a Recruitment Support Advisor in the Temporary Recruitment Team.
ECC's in-house Resourcing team sits within the Organisation Development and People and Service Transformation (ODP&ST) function at Essex County Council, accountable for both the candidate and hiring manager experience in a key area of employee engagement. Working collaboratively across ODP&ST and the wider Council, resourcing drive the attraction of new talent to ECC and manages the full end to end recruitment process.
We expect excellent customer service at all times and welcome applications from prospective candidates who share this core value. We are seeking someone to join our existing team with the day to day responsibility for the recruitment of temporary workers, as well as providing wider administrative support to the Resourcing Team.
The Recruitment Support Advisor will be the initial point of contact for hiring managers and potential new starters into ECC when it comes to all temporary recruitment related enquiries. You will provide a customer focused and professional service, for queries across all channels: online, telephone and face to face.
You will be able to work at pace and be genuinely motivated by providing an efficient and solution focused service to our internal and external customers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Working within a team of three, you will be responsible for the day to day management and ownership of temporary recruitment within ECC.
- Advertising all temporary vacancies and proactively sourcing temporary workers via job boards, networking, referrals etc.
- Maintaining accurate records of the temporary workforce to meets all the current statutory, contractual, and legislative obligations of the Council, such as IR35, Statement of Works, SDS documentation (training will be provided).
- Accurately inputting all assignment and new starter information onto system.
- Escalating overdue or issues with timesheet to relevant hiring manager or Seniors within the resourcing team.
- Daily administrative support to the wider resourcing team including interview arranging and candidate queries.
- Respond to general customer enquiries, by telephone or email in a timely and professional manner aiming to answer as many calls as possible first time.
- In accordance with agreed targets, reporting proactively to your line manager where deadlines are at risk to agree priorities.
Skills and Attributes
- Experience of working within a fast-paced recruitment setting and ideally within a Resourcing/Recruitment Advisor role.
- Competent in the managing recruitment process and comfortable being accountable for the day to day operations of vacancies.
- Self-sufficient and able to work on your own initiative, with a problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrable experience in providing excellent customer service in a complex environment.
- Highly motivated with excellent attention to detail, a result-orientated approach and continually seeking to improve.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience of dealing with customer queries and a track record of providing exceptional customer service.
- Evidence of building effective working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet organisational deadlines.