Development & Design Engineer (2 Posts)
We have an exciting opportunity for suitably qualified civil engineers. Be part of regenerating the City of Hull. The city is undergoing a transformation with substantial public and private sector investment in housing, capital infrastructure supporting leisure, culture and the environment and leading the way on renewable energy and flood resilience. Following the successful UK City of Culture year the City Council has continued its multi-million pound investment in the City’s infrastructure. An increased highway capital programme means that we have two opportunities available within the Highways team and you will play a key role in developing the infrastructure needed to deliver our aspirations for clean economic growth and sustainable travel. You will be part of an award-winning Major Projects and Infrastructure team that is transforming the city with its proactive approach and partnership working.
The Council has flexible working arrangements and has moved to more smart and agile way of working.
You will be required to lead the delivery of a wide range of highway improvements and maintenance projects to deliver the Council’s objectives. Working as part of the Commissioning and Design team you will provide technical input and undertake civil engineering design for a range of local transport improvement and asset maintenance schemes, taking responsibility for all aspects of work on your schemes including feasibility, planning, design, procurement and site supervision. The role will require engagement with a range of stakeholders, including residents and elected Members to deliver improvements to meet the needs of the City.
You will have:
• A degree in civil engineering or alternative engineering qualification accompanied by demonstration of an equivalent level of experience
• Experience of procurement processes and preparation of contract documentation
• An ability to apply technical knowledge to resolve problems and the ability to be able to convey that information to a range of stakeholders
• An understanding of current CDM and health & safety legislation
For an informal discussion please contact: Ian Cappleman, Team Leader Design & Commissioning
at email@example.com or call 01482 614868 / 07590600955.
Proposed shortlisting date: 02 July 2021
Proposed interview date: 20 July 2021
Closing date: midnight on 27 June 2021
To find out more or to apply visit www.hullcc.gov.uk/jobs
More searches like this
- Environment Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Highways Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Traffic Management Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Kingston upon Hull
- Transport Planning Engineer £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Kingston upon Hull