Medical Education Service (MES) English Teacher
Locations: This posts is for the Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale area
In September 2020 we launched the new Medical Education Service (MES) which helps schools to provide continuity in education when a child or young people has been absent from school due to a physical or mental health need.
We are looking to recruit a passionate MES English Teacher (0.5FTE) who is eager to play a positive role in a child or young person’s life during what may be a challenging time for them and their family. This is a very rewarding opportunity to be a part of a new service which will ensure a child’s education continues despite their medical need.
About the role
The 0.5FTE English Teacher will be based in Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale. Travel across the county will sometimes be required.
In this role, you will be responsible for (but not limited to) –
· Assisting schools and the MES in delivering English tuition to children and young people with medical needs who cannot access school full-time. The tuition may be 1:1 or group tuition.
· Working alongside schools, health, parents/carers and other stakeholders to help support the child or young person access education and work towards re-integration to school.
· Developing positive working relationships with children and young people, school, health, parents/carers and any other professionals involved.
We are seeking applications from those who not only work well as a team but also by themselves and who can build trusting relationships with professionals and families whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
You must be able to evidence strong experience of working with children in an education setting, along with significant experience of the English curriculum.
You will have a good understanding how physical and mental health needs may impact on curriculum access, social and emotional development.
It is essential you can demonstrate significant recent successful mainstream classroom experience as an English Teacher or equivalent.
It is vital that you possess the desire, passion and motivation to work with children and young people and have good emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and attitudes.
What can we offer you?
Successful candidates will receive training each school year based on the needs of the MES. The MES’s current training plan includes remote learning, autism, anxiety, Age Related Expectations (ARE’s), target setting, subject specific courses and Boxall. There will be equivalent to 12.5 hours of INSET days each school year.
We can also offer you a range of employee benefits, including a competitive salary, generous leave entitlement, access to the School Teachers Pension scheme and access to our ‘Everybody Benefits’ package, which includes a variety of retail discounts.
You will be fully enabled through mobile kit to work in a highly agile way at locations across designated local authorities.
We can offer you a comprehensive benefits package including:
- A School Teachers pension scheme;
- Family friendly leave;
- Salary sacrifice, employee cash backs and discounts schemes; and
- Learning, development and career advancement opportunities.
Interested in joining our team?
We would love to speak to you about the opportunities available please contact Sarah Wright, MES Coordinator for Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Midnight 17th June 2021
Interview dates: 28th June 2021
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care Teacher £15,000 - £19,999 Full time jobs in Scarborough
- Children's Services Teacher £15,000 - £19,999 Full time jobs in Scarborough
- Social Care Teacher £15,000 - £19,999 Full time jobs in Scarborough
- Education Teacher £15,000 - £19,999 Full time jobs in Scarborough
- Schools Teacher £15,000 - £19,999 Full time jobs in Scarborough