Personal Advisor - Leaving and After Care Team
Leaving and Aftercare
Leaving and Aftercare Teams concentrate on good outcomes for young people aged 16 - 25 who are in care or have left care. The teams are made up of social workers and personal advisors, mental health co-ordinators and targeted youth advisors, and they all have the chance to do focused work with young people. They look to maximise the potential of young people who remain in care by working with providers, other agencies and partners. For those who have left care, our teams continue to offer advice, information and help to enable young people to live independently - and get them into education, training and employment.
The main focus of work will be, alongside Social Workers, to support young people who are "Looked After" (in care) and due to leave care, and those who have recently left. To consider all the important component parts that make up their individual lives in order to maximize their life opportunities and reach their full potential.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Have achieved NVQ level 3
- Experience of working in a supportive relationship, with young people
- Experience in working creatively with in various ways young people including young parents
- Previous work experience in either a paid or voluntary capacity working with children, young people and families
Experience in collaborating with other professionals and agencies for the benefit of the client
- Experience of housing, employment and training issues for young people
- Knowledge of Adolescents and adolescent issues
- A commitment to working relationships which promote and support the clients' developing independence
- A commitment to one's own personal and professional development
- Be able to work as part of a team and be flexible
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Full driving licence and the use of a car or access to a driver and vehicle for work purposes
- To be contactable by telephone
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.