Director of Children's Services
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Bromley offers a relocation package of up to £8,000 and fantastic staff benefits
The London Borough of Bromley is looking for a Director of Children’s Services, who will serve as a champion for the wellbeing of all children and young people in Bromley as we deliver our Transforming Bromley Programme over the next four years.
In Bromley, we believe that all children and young people in the borough are our children, not just those in and leaving our care. As a member of the Chief Executive’s leadership team, the Director of Children’s Services will therefore have a key role in delivering our Roadmap to Excellence for Children’s Social Care, as we continue on our journey towards ‘Outstanding’ services.
This journey builds on our children’s services Ofsted inspection in November 2018 where we were judged as providing ‘Good’ services with ‘Outstanding’ leadership.
The Director of Children’s Services will also have overall responsibility for education in Bromley, ensuring that the 75,000 children and young people educated in the borough receive a high quality education that enables them to achieve, thrive and fulfil their potential. As part of this role, you will oversee our excellent lifelong education offer in Bromley, as well as lead on the ongoing implementation of the SEND reforms in the borough.
It’s a great time to join Bromley, as we embark on the delivery of our Transforming Bromley Roadmap for 2019 – 2023, ensuring that we can deliver high-quality sustainable services that improve outcomes for our residents and service users.
The successful candidate for this position will play a vital role in the Council’s transformation journey, including promoting the process and culture for effective children’s services, with an unrelenting focus on improving outcomes for children and young people.
We are looking for:
- A successful Leader who shares our vision for improving outcomes for children, young people, their carers and families in Bromley and will oversee the delivery at pace of our Roadmap to Excellence
- A Director who understands and values their staff, works effectively with stakeholders and multi-agency partners, while also demonstrating clear political empathy and sensitivity
To view full details of this role, including the job description and recruitment timeline, please visit the microsite by clicking apply below:
If you wish to have an informal discussion about the role, please contact Pam Edwards, PA to Ade Adetosoye OBE, Chief Executive, on 020 8313 4197 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting statements and CV’s will be accepted for shortlisting.
Closing date for applications to be received by 28 June 2021 at 23:59 (GMT)
We look forward to hearing from you!
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Bromley
- Corporate Management Team Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Bromley
- Health and Social Care Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Bromley
- Health Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Bromley
- Children's Services Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Bromley