- Contract Type
Temporary, Part Time
£9.26 to £10.37
Closing Date: 08/06/2021
We are currently recruiting for Domestic Assistants to work in a Chelmsford based primary school on an ongoing basis.
Hours of work: will be 7:00 - 8:30am and 3:30 - 6:00pm Monday to Friday.
4 Hours per day.
Pay Per Hour: £9.26 to £10.37
As a Domestic Assistant you will in charge of cleaning across the school.
- To thoroughly clean all rooms including furniture, fittings, fabric, carpets and equipment
- The vacuuming of rooms and corridors and emptying all waste bins
- Sweeping and mopping surfaces
- Cleaning the bathrooms facilities, with particular attention to guidelines for the control of germs
- To be aware of the health and safety statement of the COSHH statement
- To report any malfunction of equipment or fittings that require maintenance or cannot be kept to standard through normal cleaning procedures
- To report any cleaning materials that need replacing to the appropriate person
- Be familiar with the required care standards regulations governing your job
- Cleaning hard floors with mops or electric floor cleaners
- You'll do with routine cleaning which needs to be done on a daily or weekly basis as well as may also carry out regular, planned deep cleaning on a monthly and / or annual basis.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous cleaning experience
- Experience working within a school or educational setting is desirable but not essential
- An understanding of infection control
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety and COSHH regulations
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
- Physically fit to undertake the role
If you are interested in this Domestic Assistant role please APPLY NOW, or get in touch by emailing .
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.