Mental Health - Move On Facilitator
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Mental Health - Move On Facilitator
Fixed Term, Full Time
£28,399 per annum
Closing Date: 16th June 2021
Please note that this opportunity is for a Fixed Term Contract for a period of 12 months.
Currently remote working (Home) as a result of Covid. This role will be part office based and part visiting / meeting stakeholders and clients at their premises, and part remote working. Expenses are paid for travel other than to the main office in line with ECC policy.
Within the review of Mental Health support in accommodation all partners commissioners (Health and Social care), Operations (ECC and EPUT) and commercial colleagues are acknowledging that moving individuals on from scheme-based accommodation is our key issue and number one barrier.
This leads to frustration, significant delays in the system, long periods of time when there appears to be no activity taking place, cost pressures and the potential for an individual's recovery to deteriorate or be jeopardised.
In order to address this, we are piloting the introduction of a similar approach to delayed discharge from hospital/inpatient setting.
This role will support and work with the various agencies in order to remove barriers, speed up the process and ensure that move on is successful by identifying community services and resources that can support individuals and promote viable move on options to service users.
To provide a knowledgeable, practical and personalised resettlement service for individuals moving on from Mental Health supported accommodation, working with service users to find and secure an appropriate home. Ensuring that housing issues and daily independent living needs are explored and included in a person's support plan from the outset.
- Work with the individuals (manage a caseload) to Co-ordinate all the stakeholders required for a successful move on
- Liaison with & develop relationships with other supported housing providers, private landlord and teams within the City, District & Boroughs and housing associations.
- Source a range of accommodation options across the whole housing market in Essex.
- Promoting viable move-on options for current service users in Supported Housing clearly communicating expectations regarding move on and discharge from statutory services.
- Support individuals at every stage of move-on process including household bills, change of address, access to a GP, welfare benefits etc
- Ensure exit strategy is integrated in support planning
- Liaise with the supported employment services to ensure that the individual has every possible opportunity to be economically active.
- Signpost and handover to floating support, community support services such as Futures in mind, Adult Community learning etc where appropriate in order that the persons independence can be sustained.
- Develop an understanding across partners and stakeholders of each other's roles and responsibilities.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level/ NVQ 3 or have equivalent relevant experience in housing management.
- Experience of providing advice and support on housing matters to vulnerable individuals.
- Experience of working with people with Mental Health needs and /or within the Mental Health sector would be an added advantage.
- Overview / understanding of housing law as applicable to this role
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to problem solve, negotiate and seek solutions to challenging and complex situations.
- A knowledge of person-centred planning to support the development of networks for people via the creation of support plans to maximise independence and wellbeing.
- Ability to work collaboratively, build positive relationships and networks across both internal and external teams and multiple stakeholders focusing on the best outcomes for the individual.
The role requires the postholder to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond. Driving license and car, or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means, is essential.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Support Worker £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Essex
- Administration Support Worker £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Essex
- Health and Social Care Support Worker £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Essex
- Adult Services Support Worker £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Essex
- Housing Support Worker £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Essex