Subject Matter Experts - Children and Families (x3), Adult Social Care (x1)
Secondment, Full Time
Up to £58,727 per annum
Closing Date: 20th June 2021
This is a 12 month secondment or Fixed Term Contract. If applying as a secondment please obtain permission to be released prior to applying for this role.
Please note that applications are welcome from Senior Practitioners or Team Managers with your current pay being maintained for the duration if offered on a secondment basis.
Main purpose of the job
The key role of the SMEs in the Social Care Platform programme (SCPP) is to play a part in the early stages of one of the Council's most impactful programmes of work providing expert advice on their area of expertise. These roles apply to the following business areas:
- Children's social care practice and processes
- Adults social care practice and processes
About the team
Secondees will work as part of SCPP with a wide variety of operational and support teams across Children, Families and Education, Adult Social Care and Finance to ensure that the business needs are understood and captured in the requirements gathering and tender process phases of the programme. This includes social care and business practice, processes and data requirements. This work will lay the foundations for the procurement and implementation of new or upgraded social care case management systems aligned to the strategic requirements of the organisation.
You will work with:
- SCPP team. This includes the Programme Director, Programme and Project Managers, Business Analysts and operational teams.
- Managers and staff from Children, Families and Education and Adults Social Care operational and support teams.
- Technical teams within ECC (e.g. IT & Data migration)
- System product analysts, trainers and project manager
- Transformation Delivery Support and service design team members.
What you'll be expected to deliver
The multi-disciplinary team will identify, plan and commence the activities required for the requirements gathering phase, which are likely to include:
- engaging with relevant stakeholders and service representatives;
- developing 'user stories' to help to inform business requirements, including case management, financial processing and reporting;
- understanding how social care teams use technology including applications and data outside of core systems (Mosaic and A4W);
- determining the scope and boundaries of the solution, considering strategic and operational needs, including education, health and youth offending;
- mapping and analysing as is business processes and end to end journeys;
- documenting the as-is systems environment and consideration of the technology architecture requirements;
- undertaking market research including horizon scanning to understand solutions available now and future considerations;
- determining the procurement process and timeline which considers the impact of other business priorities and programmes;
- helping to inform decisions relating to whether a single system is required for Adult Social Care and Children, Families and Education;
- working with the DfE including compliance with technology standards.
This list is not exhaustive and main objectives/performance measures will be discussed and agreed with your line manager.
Person Profile: what you'll bring to the team
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Professional qualifications or equivalent experience in subject matter.
- Recent operational background at a Team Manager or Senior Practitioner/Deputy Team Manager level.
- Evidence of continued personal and professional development, specifically in adults/children's social care.
Specialist Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of adults/children's social care practice and processes and/or adults/children's social care finance.
- Good knowledge of Mosaic practice and use.
- Ability to present information clearly, concisely and accurately to promote understanding.
- Interpersonal skills generating engagement at all levels across the organisation.
- Skills to generate relationships with confidence, respect, credibility and trust.
- Can demonstrate reasonable political judgement and sensitivity.
- Successful record of accomplishment of working in adults/children's social care.
- Ability to anticipate and manage change and achieve results through excellent judgement.
Values and Personal Qualities
- Shows complete awareness towards the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Ability to develop and sustain effective team working and partnerships.
- Seeking creative solutions to complex situations at every opportunity.
- Ability to travel around the county.