7 days left
- Contract Type
- Part Time
Permanent, Part Time
Up to £17,637 per annum
Location: Chelmsford - Bridgemarsh Residential Home
Closing Date: 7th June 2021
About the Role
This role is Part-Time.
Weekend working only, total of 14 hours per week (7 hours Saturday and Sunday).
Salary will be on a pro rata basis, so will be up to £6,673 per annum.
There will be a 6% supplement on top of the salary above.
Domestic Assistants will contribute to the maintenance and cleaning of laundry, communal areas, bedrooms and kitchens within residential homes, to ensure cleanliness and high standards of food hygiene for adults.
Utilising existing skills and experience in effective laundry management to maintain cleanliness in individual and communal rooms, together with some kitchen experience will be an important element in undertaking this role effectively.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for ensuring all laundry duties within residential homes is undertaken efficiently and in a timely way.
- Contributes to kitchen efficiency by utilising equipment to ensure cleanliness of kitchen tools, crockery and pans are maintained to a high standard, on a regular basis.
- Ensures all areas remain tidy and clean throughout shifts to ensure environment is safe and welcoming to both residents and visitors.
- Undertake kitchen and dining room duties which may incorporate basic food preparation, when required, to ensure hygiene and cleanliness maintained throughout residential homes.
- Contributes to cleaning and laundry of items in residential homes, to ensure standards of cleanliness are delivered to a high quality and maintained.
You will be educated to Educated to RQF level 1 or equivalent by experience with a willingness to achieve the award within 24 months of starting the role.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Evidence of Health and Safety experience and any relevant qualifications and evidence of training incorporating moving and handling of objects.
- Evidence of a First Aid qualification, training and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of basic food hygiene.
- Experience of maintaining high standards of cleanliness within a residential setting.
- Understanding of working in a setting for adults who are receiving a period of residential care.
- Ability and experience of working on initiative and flexible attitude.
- Friendly demeanour, empathetic towards others with clear knowledge of confidentiality.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service.
Apply now at www.workingforessex.com
If you have any questions about the role, or working with us, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/